CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

6 month old not eating

Old 02-16-2011, 11:50 AM   #11
sonofbry13
Thank you for the advice. I tried the quick law and slitting it last night. When I checked her this morning still no dice. I tread teasing her with it but she has no interest. Also yesterday she went to the bathroom in her cage again. So it seems she has a healthy track. Could it just be taking her this long to digest her last meal? Its at six weeks now.

I'm hesitant to do the live pinky. If she skips that meal what do you do with the pinky?

I'll give it another five days before I try again. I'm running out of ideas seems like I've tried everything but a small lizard or a live pinky.

Thanks again for everyone's input and help.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:34 PM   #12
sonofbry13
Just an update. Thought I would post results for anyone having a similar issue they might find it helpful.

My female snow corn came from a great breeder and had been eating for me on a reasonably regular schedule. Stopping to shed for two weeks a few times but nothing serious. For some reason all of the sudden she just stopped eating and had no interest. Still very active and friendly. Nothing changed she just decided not to eat. So I did it all.

After trying different feedind methods, washed, scented, small feeding container, leaving it out in her cage over night. Leaving her in the container overnight with the F/T. I did braining and slit up the back. Nothing seemed to interest her. Wish I would have listened to the live pinky suggestion a lot sooner. Would of saved me some braining time which wasn't a favorite. She snapped that pinky up in a matter of minutes. She is still looking around for another. I was a bit surprised by how much the pinky cried. I thought it'd go quick. She must of taken it from the back.

Thanks again to everyone who gave me advice and helped me along.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #13
kaypar2011
Have a 7 month old with similar problem

Glad the live pinkie worked. I have a 7 month old normal motley, I think that is what she is) that started refusing frozen pinkies. She is now eating live, which is not my favorite thing to do. And yes the pinkies do cry a lot. I just have to close the door to her room. I have had my snake since 2/5/11 and she is so small. She only weighs about 15 grams. I also have a male anery the same age that is 4 to 5 times the females size. He will eat anything he can get ahold of. He is eating frozen large fuzzies and hoppers I have been very worried about my little girl, but she is now eating well and very active. This forum is great and has helped me a lot!! Thanks everyone.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
not eating, snow