• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

3 Tub Display Rack

Oh, and the nice thing is that I can run this rack off the same Herpstat as the other, since the Flexx is going to be the same size. That leaves my other Herpstat free if I ever do add 3" Flexx across the top - which, of course, I will eventually do.

Thanks. Still need to paint. 11" Flex is on the way. Should be up and running by Friday.

Second one almost complete. Just waiting for the Flexwatt to arrive:

1042080058_photobucket_31512_.jpg

I didn't realize there was some warping in the plywood. I am currently Gorilla Gluing some plexi down the middle of the top in the top and bottom sections.

There's always an answer ;-)

Looking good! I was wondering if you had a guide to how you made them? As i think something similar to this would come in very handy in the future! LOL

regards

Very nice looking. What type of paint did you utilize and how long did you give it to cure before adding the snakes?

dc

Wow... I forgot about this thread, and I notice I never gave the measurements. Sorry about that - I sold these a while ago.

I used standard latex paint. It cured for about a week, if I recall. I did use lids, so the snakes weren't too exposed to it.

While there is certainly some off-gassing of cured paint, the main problem is the solvents that the color is immersed in - the liquid. After a week, I never worry about it anymore. Especially if it is summer and I can allow it to cure outside.

Back