CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

40 gallon breeder rack

Old 01-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
jnk22
40 gallon breeder rack

so for the past year my cornsnakes tank has taken up the entire top of my dresser (I decided I would like my dresser back LOL!) so after 17 dollars in supplies and a couple of hours of time and this is what I have so far

which will house this on the bottom level (hmm...wonder what to do with the top?!)

and that houses my favorite snake my 3 and a half foot corn snake

the whole reason behind this build is because you can't buy a stand for two 40 breeders for under 95$ and if you find one it's not tall enough to get into the bottom tank. This is still a work in progress I need to paint it and trim some off of the legs but what do you think so far, any suggestions

Old 01-26-2011, 11:09 PM   #2
Allalaskan
So is this going to be a rack or a stand?

Old 01-26-2011, 11:56 PM   #3
jnk22
it's a stand it will hold two 40 gallon breeders with the sliding screen tops the bottom is for the corn snakes cage the top will be for a ball python

Old 01-27-2011, 12:05 AM   #4
Allalaskan
o ok, I was just curios. So far its looking good. Cant wait to see it with the tanks sitting in there. Im sure it will be nice to have your Dresser back Thats part of the reasen Im building my set up.

1. So I can get more snakes haha.
2. To make more room on my Computer desk, but mostly for more snakes haha.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:16 AM   #5
jnk22
yeah don't tell my wife but thats the main reason behind building this I lost a baby ball a month ago, and would like another one, the stand may not be pretty but it will definately be functional I guess it will look better painted with the tanks in it

Old 01-27-2011, 12:35 AM   #6
Allalaskan
O im sorry to hear you lost the ball

Im sure after its painted it will look alot better. Doesnt look to bad atm really, I have seen much worse haha.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #7
jnk22
got the paint today trimmed the legs down at the top and made a brace to hold the light for the top tank so the goal is to have it done and snake tank on it by sunday wish me luck LOL!

Old 01-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #8
Allalaskan
Good luck Its plenty do able. When your done take some pictures.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:39 PM   #9
jnk22
So today I got the front legs trimmed down installed a bar to hang the light from and the first coat of paint is on so it's a little ugly right now but when the first coat drys (24 hours) the second will go on and it will look much better, don't mind the mess it's in my basement (storage area)

Old 01-29-2011, 10:53 AM   #10
knox
You can never go wrong with black paint. Looks great.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google