CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Phone camera pics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2015, 01:17 PM   #1
DollysMom
Phone camera pics

The camera most of us have most handy to take pictures of our corns are our phone cameras. They may not be what we use for staged shots, but certainly much of our snake buddies' lives are captured by phone.

So I'd love to hear which phone camera you use and what your results have been. Do you have any tips for getting better pics with your phone? Also what apps do you use to do any editing or processing?

I've only taken pictures of my Dolly with my phone so far. If you are curious, they are in my Dolly album under my profile. I don't own an SLR, digital or otherwise. I do own a fairly capable Canon point and shoot with a great zoom. It doesn't do low light as well as my phone IMO, but in order to get good shots with my phone I need to be right there.

My iPhone 6 is pretty capable and I'm pleased with the results so far, but they are admittedly snapshots. I don't consider myself a photographer.

Please, anyone who has a phone camera and an opinion, jump in! Give your thoughts, tips, criticisms, limitations, frustrations, and successes.

One last thought-- I have an iPhone, but a have full respect that there many great phone cameras on other platforms like Android and Windows Phone. So please be respectful of everyone's choice of phone camera and platform.