CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

hypo or amel or what and bred to anery=

Old 07-25-2010, 12:15 AM   #11
carnivorouszoo
Not even butter? I am asking as I have never seen these colors, but I have a female amel that is het caramel and am getting a male stripe het butter. I want to be sure I know what to look for. So this is just a very yellow hypo? Maybe pos het caramel to give such high yellowing? I am still learning a lot and I really appreciate how patient you and the OP have been with me.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:33 AM   #12
Shiari
Especially not butters... which should be "butter" yellow. Also, that snake has black pupils so there is no amel involved.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:49 AM   #13
dakota11
I can take more pictures in a couple days I just fed him tonight. Shiari Im understanding genetics better lol. thank you all for the replies and ill get more pict soon

Old 07-25-2010, 10:00 AM   #14
carnivorouszoo
Gotcha, so no matter what if there is amel there will be red to the eyes. Thanks! More pics of this interesting snake would be awesome.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:10 AM   #15
Jim Godfrey
Looks like an ultramel to me.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:51 AM   #16
wax32
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstphal View Post
So if you have an anery, you could breed it to an amel het anery & get normals & snows...
Er, not.

It does look like it could be hypo to me.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:39 PM   #17
dakota11
So I go to a sale and get some hatchlings and come home and low and behold the only non slug hatched and it doesnt look very normal to me so I thought id ask what he or she is cause from what i understand this baby should be normal het and Ill take more pictures of the male that we think is hypo, ultramel, butter lol this boy is really confusing lol. anyways so any better idea of the male and what is this baby? the underside does have dark but not black like a normal. thanks a bunch.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:44 PM   #18
dakota11
opse here are the pictures

forgot to upload last post

Old 09-28-2010, 12:21 AM   #19
zorro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Godfrey View Post
Looks like an ultramel to me.
You read my mind, Jim. It's sure looks ultramel to me also.
John

Old 09-28-2010, 12:22 AM   #20
dakota11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota11 View Post
So I go to a sale and get some hatchlings and come home and low and behold the only non slug hatched and it doesnt look very normal to me so I thought id ask what he or she is cause from what i understand this baby should be normal het and Ill take more pictures of the male that we think is hypo, ultramel, butter lol this boy is really confusing lol. anyways so any better idea of the male and what is this baby? the underside does have dark but not black like a normal. thanks a bunch.
The female is arnery b and had all normal and arnery hatchlings when previously bred to a normal male.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google