CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Funky Pattern Anery

Old 08-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
airenlow
Funky Pattern Anery

I hatched this little girl out a couple months ago. The only known pattern gene in the family tree is a poss. het Stripe in her mom. Any guesses or thoughts as to what may have caused her funky pattern? She is an Anery het Amel Charcoal ph Bloodred...

Pre-shed

Ventral

Post-shed

Old 08-09-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
Susan
That belly looks alot like some of the Upper Keys outcrossed morphs I have and have seen. Some Upper Keys lineage snakes also have a higher saddle count and funky-ish patterns, such as cinders. Any chance of some Upper Keys lineage? The pattern may also be caused by something that happened during incubation, or it's just "one of those things" that no one really knows the cause. Also, is there any aztec/zigzag lineage? Lots of possibilities!

Old 08-09-2010, 06:06 PM   #3
airenlow
No known UK or aztec/zigzag genes. Dad is a Charcoal het Amel Anery ph Hypo Blood from SunCoast Herps and mom is an Amel het Anery Blood ph Hypo Stripe originally from Rich Hume. Two siblings also had interesting patterns...a slightly banded Snow and a Normal with "smeared" saddles.

Parents

Siblings

Old 08-10-2010, 04:26 AM   #4
omni
Oh that is a sweet anery baby! love the bandedness Dad definately has the funky pattern goin on. I see baby's split belly checkers, likely it is het blood. I would so keep that 1!!! And maybe the snow too if you could.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:30 AM   #5
airenlow
Quote:
Originally Posted by omni View Post
Oh that is a sweet anery baby! love the bandedness Dad definately has the funky pattern goin on. I see baby's split belly checkers, likely it is het blood. I would so keep that 1!!! And maybe the snow too if you could.
The Anery and Snow were the two that I had already tagged as keepers.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:44 AM   #6
RavenSpirit360
Dad has a bit of a funky pattern too... I know being het blood can have an effect on the pattern sometimes.. Usually not quite so extreme... I say keep it and breed it and see what else happens.. Also be cool to see what you get out of this pairing next year.. As Susan said, there are so many possibilities... Dont you just love surprises???

Old 08-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #7
Yvette
I want that normal...if only I had money

Old 08-10-2010, 10:14 PM   #8
airenlow
Here are some updated shots of the Snow. As you can see, her pattern is very similar to the funky Anery...

Old 08-10-2010, 10:20 PM   #9
wstphal
Josh, is the funky normal for sale?

Old 08-10-2010, 10:40 PM   #10
airenlow
She was actually put on hold the second I posted pictures of the clutch...with a solid backup in case the first deal falls through. She's cool, huh?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google