CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Lavender or Anery?

Old 09-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
breeShuford
Lavender or Anery?

I just picked this big girl up last week and I have no idea whether shes a lavender or anery or maybe even something else. Any ideas?

Old 09-16-2010, 10:41 PM   #2
gelshark
I would guess anery motley,

Old 09-16-2010, 10:45 PM   #3
Sweetseraph
I would guess an Anery, but I suppose it could be a Charcoal. One thing's for certain; she's a Motley.

That bump is concerning though. It looks like she could use a good diet and exercise program!

Old 09-16-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
Arpolis
Yup Yup
Not a lavender. Lavenders usually have the Ruby eyes and almost never has yellow down the sides. Charcoal also may not have as mutch yellow as Aneries. I vote for Motley Anery.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:58 PM   #5
gelshark
do you think that hypo could be involved, i dunno?

Old 09-16-2010, 11:12 PM   #6
breeShuford
My guess was anery motley, but her previous owner claims to have bought her as lavender motley? Hence my uncertainty.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:21 PM   #7
Sweetseraph
Hmmm, well, I wouldn't rule it out, especially since she's female (males apparently show the pinks and purples more). They don't always have ruby eyes either. Mind you, I don't think they should have yellow though. I guess if you'd like to know for sure, you could breed her, but I'd get some weight off her first. Regardless, she's a lovely snake.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:21 PM   #8
dionythicus
Looks like a ghost mot to me. And those "hips" she has sometimes come from age. I have girls with hips and they aren't overweight.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:21 PM   #9
Blue Apple Herps
Ghost motley.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #10
John3:16
Dilute Anery Motley?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
morph