CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Interesting amel markings

Old 09-22-2010, 08:04 AM   #11
Nanci
She's gorgeous!! I wish they'd stay that pink and orange color forever!!

Old 09-22-2010, 09:26 AM   #12
MotleyCrue
My first Corn was an R/O Oketee and the one you have there is gorgeous!

Old 09-22-2010, 09:45 AM   #13
RavenSpirit360
Beautiful RO... I love it when the amels hatch out without having all of their color yet.. Congrats!!

Old 09-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #14
Asbit
I am going with stunning RO and hopefully she stays that way and her borders don't fill in!!

Old 09-22-2010, 10:57 AM   #15
HoosierHerper
Has the term Extreme RO been thrown around? I know I've heard of Extreme Abbott's...but if anything would qualify as an Extreme RO, I'd say this little one is it! I mean, still needs some time to grow, but it seems it will keep those same thick thick white borders

Old 09-22-2010, 11:34 AM   #16
SnakeAround
I don't see thick borders on the mother, the mother is frosted and the yellow is the color of the saddles. Borders on a snow are white. You're so lucky you have such a nice RO in the clutch!

Old 09-22-2010, 12:11 PM   #17
WingedSweetheart
Wow you should keep that baby. I bet it turns out to be quite the looker when it grows up.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:29 PM   #18
Christen
Now I have to ask. I have never interbred "family" members before and I know that many breed siblings together. Could I breed my little guy back to his mom? Or is there a reason that I shouldn't? I am only asking cause Dad is het anery and amel so I thought in the future if I bred him to his mom then that would increase my chance of RO's.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #19
WingedSweetheart
Yes you can breed him back to mama. I think it would actually be better than breeding with a sibling because then at least they only have half the same dna. That's how I see it anyway.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #20
Sheenie99
It seems odd to me that she'd hatch out as an RO with neither parent being Okeetee. Is it just a fluke that she looks the way she does? Very interesting so I should probably keep her!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google