CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

New member - what do we have?

Old 09-29-2010, 01:46 AM   #1
Timberghost
New member - what do we have?

Hello, we are new owners of a corn snake my son named "Stryker". I have started to read through these forms and all of the different "morphs" are amazing. Which brings me to my question... Here is a pic of our new baby, any guesses as to what it is? Maybe crimson?

Thanks for any ideas. The more I try to read up on the morphs, the more confused I get. I look forward to learning a lot here.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 09-29-2010, 02:00 AM   #2
Shiari
Most likely your little one is either a "normal"/classic or a hypo.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:02 AM   #3
KillerCami
kinda looks like my Ultramel girl when she's in shed. it's weird they even have similar head patterns ^.^

Old 09-29-2010, 02:34 AM   #4
omni
Hi and welcome! Sure is a neat pattern on the neck. It looks similar to some pics of baby crimsons, but I don't have any personal experience with that morph. Certainly has a hypo-like look, and no doubt it will get brighter as it grows. Hope to see pics when it gets older!

Old 09-29-2010, 07:04 AM   #5
Susan
Normal partial aztec, possible hypo but needs to be test bred to be sure.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:20 PM   #6
Ruderacer
Colors look just like our normal did when he was a baby. So I would lean towards normal.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #7
ceduke
Normal, or possibly a hypo.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:11 PM   #8
Rdoyle
I am going to go with a hypo. he looks like my baby

Old 09-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #9
Wilko92
Looking at how light his background colour is compared to his saddles, I'd say Crimson (which is a Hypo Maimi phase), or failing that, a nice coloured Normal
The most certain way of ever finding out would be to have the snake probed and breed from it.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:05 PM   #10
pridecity
Also, I think if you give it a few more sheds, it might help us decide. Corn snakes change a lot from baby to adult. Keep reading on morphs and you'll get it! I promise. Start with the basics. Normal (exclude the varieties), amel, and anery. Have you heard of Ian's Viv? Here's the link, just in case: http://iansvivarium.com/morphguide/normal/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google