CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

The mystery continues

Old 06-07-2004, 04:42 AM   #1
Marcel Poots
The mystery continues

There are others hatching the can't be labelled as Bloodreds and as Pewters. Like this one. I can see some good red.

A purple glow

Definatly Pewter..

And how about this?

Old 06-07-2004, 06:14 AM   #2
pewter
here are the grandparents:

Old 06-07-2004, 07:31 AM   #3
Amanda E
Well, I'm not experienced with charcoals (or their varieties, as in pewter) but none of those look like pewters to me. They just look like really gray bloodreds.

I bet that if you hold onto them, they will turn more and more red with each month.

However, I guess I could be wrong. It just seems to me that pewters shouldn't have any red (or yellow/orange) color to them (at least as hatchlings).

Old 06-07-2004, 07:31 AM   #4
Traci1
Fascinating!! They are just beautiful!

Traci

Old 06-07-2004, 07:36 AM   #5
pewter
purple glow is ok, but the yellow .... I never saw a pewter with yellow.
maybe itīs like the late developing effect you can see in some amels.
like this one:

as I know they all develope red in the following month and end up like every other amel.

Old 06-07-2004, 07:49 AM   #6
Amanda E
Then again...

I just took a second look at some that are definite bloodreds from this clutch and you're right, it is kind of weird that you would have such red bloodreds, and these guys too.

Like I said, I guess you won't know for sure for a few months...though, then it may become even more confusing.

Old 06-07-2004, 08:25 AM   #7
sumguy
more pics?

Awesome, do you have any more pics of that bloodred (bloodred050.jpg). I love darker colored snakes.

Old 06-07-2004, 08:39 AM   #8
pewter
no problem:

Old 06-07-2004, 02:33 PM   #9
Marcel Poots
Re: Then again...

Quote:
Originally posted by Amanda E
I just took a second look at some that are definite bloodreds from this clutch and you're right, it is kind of weird that you would have such red bloodreds, and these guys too.
That is soo right.. Look at this.. No comparison:

Old 06-07-2004, 03:00 PM   #10
Marcel Poots
Quote:
Originally posted by Amanda E
Well, I'm not experienced with charcoals (or their varieties, as in pewter) but none of those look like pewters to me. They just look like really gray bloodreds.

Well some are definatly Pewters..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google