• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

first corn ordered today

Distaff

There was an ad on Kingsnake.com for a corn. It was such a beautiful animal, I would go there every day to gaze at it. It was there yesterday morning; yesterday evening...GONE!

I was devastated.

I e-mailed the breeder on the off-chance it might still be available. I've corresponded with this person several times before; he was very helpful when I ended up with two kingsnakes, all of a sudden.

Anyway, turns out the ad had expired. Well, the snake is sold now!:D

Thanks.
I wasn't planning to get a corn for another month or so, but I don't think that snake would have been available much longer, and it just seemed like The One. I have the tank, the screen lid, and clips. I asked the breeder to wait at least a week before shipping. I need an RHP, and a T-stat. We keep a cold house, and the extra UTH's I have aren't going to cut it for a bigger snake in a 30Lx12WX22H tank.

I suppose I could get away with a UTH and a tub if I had to, but would rather not.

Well, serves me right for window shopping before I was *ready*!

I understand EXACTLY how you feel! My spouse has given me a "limit" on the number of snakes I can keep, SOOooo...I have been carefully examining the adds on the various classified sites, as well as keeping up-to-date with what each of the big breeders has to offer. Let's just say, that I sometimes feel bad for the way I grill the sellers about their snakes!

HOWEVER, when one comes available that is "On My List", I JUMP! Which is why I had to pay a deposit on a Calico Beauty Snake. I had been looking for one (a female) almost since I got my first snake, so when a male hatchling became available from one of the only known breeders here in the U.S., it only took a second for me to decide I *HAD* to have him! It does change my breeding plans just a *little* since he is male and not female...lol, but it will all work out! ;)

Cheers!
~Beaux

We have a very small house, so I expect the collection will stay small as well. Also, I prefer display enclosures over racks. I can't imagine my active, curious Kings stuck in a rack. I doubt this will be the last Corn I buy, but there won't be room for many. I would also like to have a python, and a couple of boas at some point.

All of which costs some money.
Better to go slow, and do it right.

Ok so the suspense is killing me - I know you probably don't have pics yet but what morph/age/sex is it?! Christmas snakes are so excting, I got one too :D

Male plasma (lavender blood-red). Former breeder, so full grown. Produced by Sunshine Serpents in FL.

NEVER expected to want a morph! I've always been about localities, but the snake looks like he slithered out of some cosmic timeless rhelm of Middle Earth, and would be most at home here and now among the fairy tale bonsai of Walter Pall.

There is just something otherworldly about the paler corns esp. the ones with the contrasting darker eyes (Phantom works too). I also like the delicate hints of peach and lavender in some of them.

Definitely can't wait for pics on this one! Initially I wasn't a fan of the paler morphs but once you see a couple in person you realize how subtle and beautiful the colors actually are!

Back