• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Shalgon, the Comic relief LTR

Kokopelli

Resident Boa Fanatic
Shalgon as some of you know is an oddity.
Among his oddities are:

1- more docile than a slipper Texas Ratsnake
2- Leucistic with orange "lucky scales" popping out
3- cross eyed
4- has a rectal prolapse and went through surgery for it...

And a fifth oddity I noticed not too long ago... he has a very long tongue, so long that sometimes when he retracts it, the tips get stuck outside his mouth.

I managed to photo that today:

IMG_1445.jpg

I won't be breeding him again(I did when he was younger, I didn't know the full extent of his defect- but he sired 13 offspring which were sold by the owner of the dame)... I have a feeling he is a product of one too many inbreedings... but he eats well, calmer than any given furniture item of your choice, and is simply cute.

So... here's one snake I have just for funzies

IMG_1451.jpg

(he also really just loves doing nonsense, like trying to fit into his water dish. I don't allow him to because he has a tendency to stay in it days on end and actually cause himself harm- he once caused himself scale rot)

I love LTRs! I may get a pair in a year or so! The odd scales happens in most Leucy snakes. I have seen LTRs with half the head colored in. Also many of them are tame but the get a bad rep. The keeper makes the snake and because yours is nice it must have had alot of human interaction as a hatchling

hehehe thanks, he is now 3 years old, hard to believe he's here since he was roughly 4 months old...

VEry nice Oren! I love my guy too.. Unfortunately he's not as funny as yours.. But is really nice to me. Lol. Doesn't seem to like other people.

As far as the Orange scales I've heard of them.. But I'm not sure how common they are like David said. I've seen quite a few that are completely white.. So I guess it depends on who ya get them from.

Like I have seen some from the same clutch with coloring and some without. I have seen some where the random spots are amazing but some they don't look very good

Gotcha.. I personally haven't seen any in person.. I am also picky and probably wouldnt buy one if I saw some of those blotches. Lol.

(Sorry for stealing the thread a lil Oren. You can have it back now.. :))

Gotcha.. I personally haven't seen any in person.. I am also picky and probably wouldnt buy one if I saw some of those blotches. Lol.

(Sorry for stealing the thread a lil Oren. You can have it back now.. :))

not at all, 'sides, Shalgon is quite an odd critter no matter how you toss him so I imagine you wouldn't pick him out anyway :)

everything here costs more,
100-150$ per.
The only animals that actually cost like their counterparts abroad are the higher end boas sold by Alon.
The rest costs a hell of a lot more cause people buy imported/smuggled snakes, and when they breed them, they sell them on in the same prices they paid to begin with...
It's an absurd cycle but... that's life. The field is still too small for major changes to happen quickly.
Even a normal Cornsnake here costs 20-25$

everything here costs more,
100-150$ per.
The only animals that actually cost like their counterparts abroad are the higher end boas sold by Alon.
The rest costs a hell of a lot more cause people buy imported/smuggled snakes, and when they breed them, they sell them on in the same prices they paid to begin with...
It's an absurd cycle but... that's life. The field is still too small for major changes to happen quickly.
Even a normal Cornsnake here costs 20-25$

Come to the US.. :) I'll buy some Sunfire's..

pssshhh, nice, already assembling my clientele :bird:

First we'll see that I actually manage to breed them :laugh:

Back