CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

View Poll Results: Age, Sex, and Background
I am Female. 0 0%
I am Male. 1 3.23%
0-9 years old. 1 3.23%
10-19 years old. 5 16.13%
20-29 years old. 15 48.39%
30- 39 years old. 3 9.68%
40-49 years old. 4 12.90%
50 and beyond. 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Age Poll: Part II

Old 09-05-2002, 06:48 PM   #1
Gregg
Age Poll: Part II

Well, it seems there is some renewed interest in this question, so I'll set up the poll again. Let us here about your age and how you got started.

If I can, I'm adding a "Female/Male" catagory as well.

Old 09-06-2002, 04:32 AM   #2
SilverTongue
there is a way to make it to where you can make multiple votes Try it again

Old 09-07-2002, 12:24 AM   #3
pinatamonkey
I think the 10-19 catagory is just a little too broad. It's lumping people in elementary school with those that are going to college... the range in maturity, etc., I think is a little too much to be grouped together. For the record, I am an 18 y/o female.

Oh, and I hope no 9 year/- kids are given complete care of the snake....it can be "their" snake, but I hope any parents would do the actual "taking care of" part.

Old 09-07-2002, 09:39 AM   #4
Kel
Well, in answer to one of your original questions, I first got into snakes when I was 6. I saw a Boa on a school trip to an animal park and thought it was the most fascinating, beautiful, alien thing I had ever seen. My Mum still recalls the embarrassment of meeting me from the coach; most kids ran off yelling "Mummy, Mummy, I saw an elephant/deer/rabbit...." (insert nice, cuddly, acceptable animal). I rushed off the bus shrieking about a snake and nobody spoke to her for a week !

When I was 18, during university holidays, I started working at an aquarium which also housed a large reptile collection. That was when the rot set in - I started mixing with experts. I also realised that people were keeping them in their homes as pets and that this was considered perfectly normal. At the age of about 25, one of the aquarium staff moved out of the area and I inherited his pet Corns.

The rest is history and I now have a lounge full of snakes, most of them Corns. Long may it continue....

Cheers
Kel

Old 09-07-2002, 01:58 PM   #5
dartguy
I am 32. I bought my first corn 10 years ago. I think she was an oketee. She was $10 because the person who sold here to the reptile shop I got her from left her in the same cage with a light bulb and she had 2 burns on her side. after about 2 years I couldnt see any evidence of her burns. She produced 2 clutches before she died now I have a bunch of corns

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google