CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Moderator(s) needed here....
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 05:55 PM   #141
diamondlil
I'm not sure He seemed to repond well to some posts, but was also (to me) trying to wind people up too

Old 02-14-2007, 06:12 PM   #142
mbdorfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil
I'm not sure He seemed to repond well to some posts, but was also (to me) trying to wind people up too
Agreed, but it seemed to me he may have been pushed into it a bit.
Not taking sides here, trying to be objective.
My God! What have I become

Old 02-14-2007, 11:20 PM   #143
desertanimal
To me that guy seemed rather troll-esque right off the bat. I didn't read the whole thread, but I remember the start of that thread and he was making me mad because I thought he was being deliberately obnoxious and over the top attention-seeking, so I stopped reading it.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:03 AM   #144
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertanimal
To me that guy seemed rather troll-esque right off the bat. I didn't read the whole thread, but I remember the start of that thread and he was making me mad because I thought he was being deliberately obnoxious and over the top attention-seeking, so I stopped reading it.
Am I the only one that notices, and finds it quite odd, that ECL and Almase are very recent members of the forum (Jan. 2007 & Feb. 2007 respectively), extremely vocal, contradictory, and troll-like? Coincidence or conspiracy theory . . . There may be more, but I don't read all the threads any given day . . .

D80

Old 02-15-2007, 06:53 AM   #145
Susan
Getting new members like that really isn't anything new, but I do think they're increasing a bit in numbers and frequencey. There's another new one (666killademon) that needs close watching as his young attitude needs to be adjusted at times.

But I do have to agree with Mike, Almase was provoked multiple times in that thread. He did seem to quiet down and behave, but other members simply couldn't let it be. Yes, he was asking for it as well, at times, but that's just the nature of that kind of person. He has strong opinions and is willing to fight for them. He was banned for the language, even though he was warned (if he even read the PM's I sent). I really hate defending him, but all he originally asked was if it was okay to feed hamsters to cornsnakes...period. Unfortunately, the thread didn't stay on that track for long and a heated debate about what is cruel and what is not ensued. That particular subject, IMO, is not black and white and should be grouped with politics, religion and sex as taboo subjects.

OH...and I'm REALLY considering removing my name from the moderator list as I'm not sure I would have the time to talk to. reprimand/whatever all the members that, IMO, just added fuel to the fire to escalate it to it's current flame status.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:21 AM   #146
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil
The question is, why do so many allow themselves to get wound up by such people?

The problem is not person specific, it's collective. Think of it like a body of water. Every post has the potential to make waves or not. If everyone would think before hitting submit "is my post going to make waves?", things may be different. While one post could start a wave the following posts can add to the erosion of the thread while only one would break on the shore and the energy would be released. Ask yourself if you are sliding into the water with your post or are you trying to make a splash? Just because someone else is splashing doesn't mean you have to follow suit either. We all have great beach front property here and it's up to all of us to keep the waters calm.

Old 02-15-2007, 09:16 AM   #147
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbdorfer
Agreed, but it seemed to me he may have been pushed into it a bit.
Not taking sides here, trying to be objective.
My God! What have I become
A moderator?

Old 02-15-2007, 12:03 PM   #148
mbdorfer
Thing that amazes me the most is, that thread is still going on!
With the original poster banned and certainly enough opinions on whether to feed the hamsters or not, the thread shoud be dead IMO

May it rest in pieces.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:31 PM   #149
desertanimal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan
That particular subject, IMO, is not black and white and should be grouped with politics, religion and sex as taboo subjects.
I don't think there should be any taboo subjects. Well, sex isn't supposed to be talked about because of the underage business, but I would assert that mature people can have conversations about politics and religion without it blowing up. It's a challenge, but it can be done. But throw one person like Almase into such a conversation, and things are certain to escalate.

Old 02-15-2007, 03:35 PM   #150
dwyn127
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbdorfer
Thing that amazes me the most is, that thread is still going on!
With the original poster banned and certainly enough opinions on whether to feed the hamsters or not, the thread shoud be dead IMO

May it rest in pieces.
You know, I didn't even open the thread. I saw it when it first came out but I have no experience with feeding hamsters so I ignored it. A day later there were 3 pages and I knew it had derailed. I mean come on, how may different ways can their be to serve hamster anyway? Raw, boiled, flame broiled, barbequed or my personal favorite, saute'ed in garlic butter with a dash of parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread