• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

UV light

UTHs are preferred by most. Some will insist they are a necessary requirement, while others will just acknowledge they are potentially the better source of heat. Bulbs are just fine if it's all you've got. Personally, I use both, but I have to heat a really large enclosure. As for UV, no known benefits and there have been recorded negative side effects in lighter morphs so it's generally best to avoid UV lighting. If you do end up with a UTH (anyone reading this really), then some form of temperature regulation is a definite necessity. Again, you'll find various opinions, many insisting you MUST have a thermostat, while others will acknowledge rheostats/dimmers as viable options. Just not as good of an option as a thermostat. If you live in the US (and presumably Canadia, etc.) then you can get an amazing thermostat off amazon for thirty some odd bucks. I'm drawing a complete and total blank, even after suggesting and linking the daffy things countless times. Hydrofarm. That's it. Just amazon search for the Hydrofarm thermostat. Here, I did it for you http://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-MTPRTC-Digital-Thermostat-Heat/dp/B000NZZG3S ... best budget thermostat hands down.

I'm pretty sure I'm buying a thermostat soon and that looks like a good option so thanks for taking the time to link that. Thanks to everyone else as well

Another British member recently suggested the Habistat Mat Stat Thermostat as a good option on your side of the pond. In case you want to check that out too.

Yeah, didn't noticed the UK location. Habistat is definitely your best option over there. Pretty much the Hydrofarm equivalent of performance to price awesomeness.

Back