CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

HELP PLZ! Regurge? undigested mice? 1st day

Old 03-06-2015, 08:31 AM   #1
Mushakay
Exclamation HELP PLZ! Regurge? undigested mice? 1st day

Hello, on the first day with my snake this happen. After 1 hour on his new house he regurgitated (I think is regurge). It looks like the skull of a mice. Last time he ate was 2 weeks ago. Today is the second day with him.

The previous owner said it never happen before, and he thinks is regurge.
After researching, I think is because of the stress of the moving, the cold outside when I was transporting him, and maybe because I was playing music.

He is a 3 years old boy, 3.5 ft long, and is about to shed.
do you guys think is a bit skinny? I can also see the spine.
Anyway he looks happy. Im going to let him rest, no handling and no eating until he shed. He suppose to eat tomorrow. He eats 2 big mice every 2 weeks by the previous owner. Is that ok?
Please let me know what you think. All the information can be really help full I'm new and I'm worried. I've been researching a lot.
I want him to be healthy and happy.

Thanks a lot!

Old 03-25-2015, 08:18 PM   #2
heyymaddiee
I would wait till the snake gets comfortable in the tank before feeding. Also wait 8 days after the regurge to feed or handle. Handling the corn to early will stress it out. Also dont feed the corn 2 mice please. Start with half of one and slowly increase the by half every feeding cycle after. Your snake needs time to get used to its environment and needs to rebuild its digestive flora up otherwise the chance for regurge may happen again. Keep handling to a minimum, make sure the warm side is between 78-85 preferably 85ish no higher. Corns depend on outside heat to help them digest properly. Good luck!

Old 03-25-2015, 08:19 PM   #3
heyymaddiee
Also it looks like your corn is possibly going thru shed which is very important not to feed or handle during this sensitive time

Old 03-25-2015, 08:22 PM   #4
heyymaddiee
Oh after you go through the proper "after regurge care" you can go back to 2 mice every 2 weeks. Or go 1 mouse every week. Either way

Old 03-26-2015, 09:23 AM   #5
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyymaddiee View Post
make sure the warm side is between 78-85 preferably 85ish no higher. Corns depend on outside heat to help them digest properly.
Actually the warm side thermostat should be set at 87° so the top of the substrate will be about 85°, and they have a cool end (the temp from the UTH should gradiate down to around 75° which is ideal. Even if the warm side is warmer than 85° he will be fine, just don't let the viv get cold, basically!

Corns actually use belly heat ("outside heat" - do you mean ambient heat?) to digest, that is why at least one hide over the UTH and one in the cool section and smaller hides in between are necessary.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
corn snake, poop, regurge, regurgitate, regurgitation