CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

water

Old 04-20-2002, 02:42 PM   #1
Jr Nimeskern
water

ok ive had my corns for like 1 1/2 weeks and i have never seen any of them drink from their water bowl... maybe its because they do it at night but i have never even touch the water... havent seen the soak in it... havent seen them drink it... havent seen them look at all intrested in water... can someone tell me why?

Old 04-20-2002, 03:44 PM   #2
lynn
They will be drinking, just probably when you are not looking, mine usually head's for the water bowl as soon as I put it back in. I change the water every day and clean her bowl out as well. You will see it happening and they look so cute when they are drinking. Wilma has never soaked in her bowl though but I have got her used to having a bath now. Good luck and enjoy your corn's.

Old 04-20-2002, 05:15 PM   #3
Kevin M
Does a fallen tree make a sound if no one is around?

Seriously, Just because you dont see your corn drinking doesnt mean that he isnt. Like Lynn I normally only see my corns drink after I've just given them new water. That doesnt mean they arent drinking in between water refills.

-Kev

Old 04-21-2002, 06:21 AM   #4
Kaz
Question

When you say you have not touched the water, do you mean you haven't changed it? If you haven't then the water must be pretty grubby by now, also the temp of the water is the same temp of the viv, and I have noticed my snakes like a cool fresh drink. Sometimes I put my finger in the water and drip it off the end onto the front of the snakes mouth where the tounge comes out, they are so sweet when they drink off my finger, I think this shows that they are very tame and they trust and know me. If the viv isn't getting very hot, say about 80 - 85 deg dth, then the snake probably isn't too hot, they only seem to soak in the water when the heat is high. But then again some snakes like soaking more than others. Anyway I suggest you give them fresh water every day, or at the least every other day, cos I wouldn't like to drink week old water, would you.

Old 04-21-2002, 08:45 AM   #5
CornsnakeKeeper
Don't worry as long as they can get to the bowl and the water's clean. I had the same worries when I started. I finally saw them drink when it was evening and dark in the room and I surprised them with the light.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google