CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

resuming appetite after shed

Old 04-13-2002, 10:52 PM   #1
ree
resuming appetite after shed

my 3 yr old corn shed about 6 weeks ago and has fed once since then. Although offered he does not seem interested. Offered in variety of ways, warm , brains exposed etc. He also shed again 2 days ago is this normal and when should he resume normal eating patterns?( i am a new owner and need all the advice i can get!!!)

Old 04-13-2002, 11:14 PM   #2
Alicia
Well if all else is good with him it is not unusual for males and some females to stop eating in the spring. Males are not that interested in food right now Females will sometimes stop eating when they are full of eggs and it gets uncomfortable for them. I have a 2 year old who sheds every 6 weeks you can mark the calendar by it. I wouldn't worry if everything else seems normal for him. He will start eating again soon.

Alicia

Old 04-14-2002, 12:40 AM   #3
Simon
Agreeing with Alicia, males do that pretty often. Don't worry about it at all. As long as it's not lossing too much weight (as in skins getting wrinkled) and that it has access to fresh water either everyday or every two days, it will be fine. It will resume feeding once this preriod is over (as in the mating season).

But keep on trying to feed it with your normal feeding pattern. You will never know when it wants to eat.

Good luck and Happy Herping!

Old 04-14-2002, 02:01 AM   #4
lynn
Mine's off her food at the moment as well but I will just keep feeding her as normal and hope she take's it when she is ready. Good Luck.

Old 04-21-2002, 08:07 PM   #5
ree
thankyou for advice

hi alicia thankyou for the advice i will keep persevering and hopefully it will pay off, once again thanx love ree xxx

Old 04-21-2002, 08:11 PM   #6
ree
thankyou

[hiya lynn thankyou for advice i will keep trying. by the way i am originally from tyneside . nice to know you are keeping herping up there ( how is the weather!!!!!lol) once again thankyou and your advice was valuable. love ree xxxxxx

Old 04-21-2002, 08:13 PM   #7
ree
thankyou

[quote][i] thanx for advice simon i will keep on it!. happy herping love ree xxxxxxx

Old 04-22-2002, 01:48 AM   #8
lynn
Hi Ree, I bet you have better weather than us it's a bit nippy at the moment but not too bad. I haven't actually heard of anyone else round here with corn's but there must be, I get mine from Darlington off Kevin Stevens he own's Coast to Coast, brilliant shop. Iv'e just bought an amel off him on Saturday so now I have two corn's. I bet you really miss our weather. Let us know how you get on.

Old 04-23-2002, 08:34 PM   #9
ree
the weather(just to rub it in lynn)

[hiya lynn hope everything is ok and snakes are doing good. mine is still off his food but will persevere. just to let you know. i do not miss northern weather one little bit. it is 1:30 am down here and i cant sleep too hot got windows open!!!!!! hope weather in north improves thanx for the post and i was going to visit the shop you were talking about "coast to coast ' last time i was in newcastle ( bout 3 weeks ago) but never got round to it next time husband is on leave( he in navy) i will come up and visit that shop sounds good stay safe and happy herping lotsa love ree xxxx p.s is there a reptile place nearer newcastle? let me know thanx

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google