CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

what to feed

Old 04-23-2002, 04:13 PM   #1
littlewuboourns
what to feed

my snake is 8 months and the guy at the pet store told me to feed him one pinkie a week i have been reading other people post and have seen that some people feed their snake more than one pinkie a week i have seen some people feed them 4 times a week and i have also seen alot about a "fuzzy" what is this and when can i give it to him by the way "littleWu" is about 15-17in.

Old 04-23-2002, 04:49 PM   #2
Alicia
You won't need to feed 4 times a week, that is too much. You may start offering 2 pinks every 5 days and see how that goes. Fuzzys are the next size up and like pinks they vary in size. When you decide to try fuzzys you can ask your supplier to pick out the smallest ones to start off with. If you order in bulk you can go thru and pick out the size you want and work up from there. Sometimes people are afraid that the food item is too large but you would be suprised what they can eat If your snake eats 2 pinks with no problems then fuzzys are next.

Alicia

Old 04-23-2002, 07:48 PM   #3
Iris
MIne is a little bit smaller than yours and he does fine with one every 3 or 4 days.

Old 04-23-2002, 11:56 PM   #4
jim
food...

hi. you will find many opinions on this and what you decide is pretty much just determined by how fast you want your snake to grow. in y opinion it is just best to watch the snake and just let it decide how much it wants. i have about 30 snakes who are about the same size as yours. some of them eat every 4-5 days some 6-7 days. some only want 1 pinky at a feeding some will take 2 fuzzies. the more you feed and the more often you feed the faster your snake will grow. i've seen snakes the same age where 1 will be 2-3 times larger than the other. my advice is just watch your snake and let him decide how much he wants. good luck... jim

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google