CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

What are some cute things your corn does?

Old 01-12-2012, 12:34 AM   #91
foxyjax1212
I have a yearling who is obsessed with my bracelets. When I take him out, he immediately rushes to wrap around my arm like he is a bracelet. I can even carry on with my activities like he isn't there.

Another cite thing he does is what my mom calls, "cave paintings". He draws shapes in the condensation when he is in shed. The shapes even look like snakes. Its like he is telling his story in cave paintings lol

He is really finicky about things. It absolutely offends him if his fuzzy is wet or turned the wrong way, or has blood on it at all. He only eats from the butt and will only eat if I feed him in a paper plate across my lap. Which...most of the time, he lays across my lap and starts eating, before dragging the mouse off the plate, onto my jeans or bare leg.

Also, he is a hydrophobe. He is absolutely terrified of water. He will NOT lay in water or drink water that he has to lean over. I have to mist his terrarium a lot to make sure he sheds ok...and he uses thebottom of a solo cup for a water bowl...with very little water in it. Otherwise...he about burns himself up trying to avoid water on the cool side.

These are just personality traits that make him difficult...but make me love my little Slash more than anything in the world.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #92
Hethiss
So Hethiss does the adorable head poking out thing baby corns do but he was buried..So i had to take a photo of it xD

Name:  Buried hethiss 2.5.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  114.2 KB

Old 01-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #93
RosieSnake
I have two 4 month old corn snakes Rosalie (Rosie), and Cornelious (Corny) and they are brother and sissy, so they snuggle up together

Old 01-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #94
anerybree
It may look like they're snuggling up, but really they're just competing for the same spot. I'm not sure when corn snakes can breed, but your little girl really should not be bred before 2 or 3 years old. And yes, as soon as your male wants to, he will attempt to breed with her.

Also, cohabitation is generally frowned upon because of how easy disease can be spread and the threat of cannibalism. If one snake gets sick, then the other will get sick as well. Also, if one snake regurges, you won't know who did it! Snakes can and will eat each other--just tell me if you want to see the pictures of regurged snakes. So, while I cannot stop you from cohabbing, it is putting the lives of your snakes in danger. Just wanted to tell you in case you didn't know already!

Although rattlesnakes are actually social!! They care for their young and each others young, and have family reunions!! I think that's so cool!

Old 01-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #95
leftycrane
my lil corn snake does some weird acrobatic stuff when she eats. She will either pick up the mouse and go vertical with it with the mouse facing down OR she will again be vertical but with the mouse up in the air. She fights gravity with every eating, it is hilarious to watch.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #96
anerybree
Leftycrane, my girl does that too! As soon as the mouse is partially in her mouth, she lifts her head up vertically and swallows it! Crazy girl!

Old 01-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #97
wowfood
Not exactly cute, more a pain.

When I feed Snake I move him over to a handy normally. However last time I tried to the bugger wouldn't get off my hand.

As soon as I got the tail off of one part of my hand he'd get his top half around another finger and stay put.

Not coiling or anything just where they kind sandwich a finger between a fold for grip, just tense enough to stay put without excess pressure. He's done this a few times now, even when going back into his tank.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #98
Karoni
Boy, I wish my snakes wanted to hang out with me enough to do that. Except for Mango, they are always trying to go back in their tanks!

Old 01-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #99
nelshumer04
Ranja likes to do this thing where he burrows in one side of his house and come out the other side, leaving his butt out on one side and his head barley poking out on the other. I have a great pic on the Ipod, so I'll load it when I get home from work.

Cute story though, Mastershake was very sick at one point and she was bought at a local pet store. I am friends with one of the guys that works in the reptile dept, so left her there for a couple of weeks so he could take care of her. Well, went in one week to visit her and see how shes doing. Held her for about 5 min or so, and IMMEDIATLY after handing her back over she pooped allllllllll over him. And when I mean poop, this was more poop than I'v ever seen from a hatchling. Almost looked human

Old 01-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #100
nelshumer04
And heres the pic ---^

Name:  rs_ranja_house.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  240.7 KB

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google