CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Housing snakes together - my very, very long opinion

Old 01-15-2005, 04:40 PM   #71
Missy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerfan4
-1 Gaboon Viper
oops im sorry i fell off my chair laughing my head off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okaaay, right, like im gonna believe that now.
do you even know what a gaboon viper is?

okay here are your symptons from its bite~

Haemotoxic venom is very painful
Severe Local symptoms -- Intense Pain, Inflammation, Ozing of haemolytic blood.
Marked Vasculotoxic effects.
Bleeding from mucous membrane of the Mouth, Anus, Nose and haemorrhages under the skin.
Because of local damage to circulatory cells, hemotoxic venom spreads more slowly and has a slower action than the neurotoxins.
Vascular Collapse - Cold Skin, Rapid feeble Pulse, Dilated Pupils insensitive to light, Gradual loss of consciousness.

and this is what a west african gaboon viper looks like ~

and these, my friend, are its wonderful fangs~

oh btw, these are pictures of a baby gaboon viper as well.
i hope your very well trained with such venomous creatures, you know, it is illegal to keep venomous snakes, right?

Old 01-15-2005, 04:43 PM   #72
Mangrove
Thumbs up

now that is one beutifull snake, i one had a eyelash viper for aobut 7 years it died last fall, he was yellow it was the most amazing snake i ever housed

Old 01-15-2005, 04:44 PM   #73
Spirit
That's some niec camouflage that snake has going on there.

Old 01-15-2005, 04:44 PM   #74
Mangrove
oh and if anyone has a problem with my signature are liek the pictures are idstracting or something sjut tell me i wll cooperate and remove it but for the most part i find it amusing hahaha

Old 01-15-2005, 04:52 PM   #75
JTGoff69
Gaboons are beautiful snakes to be sure, but I don't think they should be pets, ESPECIALLY for a 17 yr. old who is off doing so many other things besides worrying about his highly venomous snake at home.

Old 01-15-2005, 04:54 PM   #76
Packerfan4
Gaboon Vipers are native to East Africa, they are known for the horns at the end of their heads head. If handled properly you can handle them without a snake stick or snake tongs mines 2 yrs old and hasant shown any sort of agression but i still wear leather gloves wit FLEX-Metal in them to prevent me dying.

If you E-mail me i'll send you pics of my female gaboon "Bailey"

Old 01-15-2005, 04:56 PM   #77
Packerfan4
Actually...it isint illegal to keep venomous snakes in kansas.

Old 01-15-2005, 04:57 PM   #78
Missy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTGoff69
Gaboons are beautiful snakes to be sure, but I don't think they should be pets, ESPECIALLY for a 17 yr. old who is off doing so many other things besides worrying about his highly venomous snake at home.

yeah JT, i agree with you there, they certainly are gorgeous, damn i certainly wouldnt want one for a pet though, lol

and the burmese pyton thing ~ seriously now packerfan, is your gonna make up snakes that you dont even own, at least say snakes that COULD be passed as pets, take a read of this about burms ~

about burmese pythons

have a nice day now.

Old 01-15-2005, 04:59 PM   #79
Missy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerfan4
Actually...it isint illegal to keep venomous snakes in kansas.

well it is here in england so i dont know about kansas, i would like to see your female gaboon then, but not through e-mail, you can post it here for us all to see then if thats the case, thank you.

Old 01-15-2005, 04:59 PM   #80
Mangrove
Cool

can you jsut post the pictures of your viper on this forum, my e-mail has been acting up for weeks, and i would like to see her, im not saying i dont believe i would jsut like to see her patterns and colors thats all

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google