CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

View Poll Results: Is it ok to house 2 corns together?
Only if they arent both males 11 5.88%
Yes! never had a problem 41 21.93%
No! I've had problems 86 45.99%
Depends on the "personality" of the snakes 49 26.20%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Is it ok to house two snakes together?

Old 11-21-2007, 10:38 PM   #91
ButtersCorns4life
In the last pic how big is the one on the bottom??? He/she's a BIG Boy! lol nice pics.

I would have to say, it's OK to house snakes together in the same viv, as long as there are enough hides for each. I would rather have different cages for each but...

Well about 10 min ago, I just separated my two little babies who have been in the same 10 gal for their entire lives. They seemed to just ignore each other...

Anyways, as long as there is plenty of space for them to have "alone time" I would say it's not a problem. But I would feed them separately... That could be a hazard to them.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:39 PM   #92
ButtersCorns4life
NOOOOOOOOOOO

I made the same mistake!!! I didn't look at the date this was made!!!

Sorry peeps...

Old 11-21-2007, 10:50 PM   #93
cyclone
I tell you what with my experiance unlike most here I only have 6 yrs under my belt. Most must have 10-30 yrs, I have always kept my snakes together meaning, all babies together and I pair off all the adults. Never keep more than one male in an enclosure when pairing. Until now I have one baby out of four that will not eat. I'll post a pic of her in a separate post. She has not eaten since she hatched and its been a long time but she is still holding on. You will notice the size difference and that was caused by housing more that one at a time, well according to everyone on this site says. In my opinion they might be right but I have 10 snakes and they have all been with one or more their hole lives and 1 out of 10, I think it just might be one that was not meant to live. That's in my opinion anyway.

Old 11-22-2007, 04:28 AM   #94
diamondlil
So you still haven't seperated the non-feeder to see if it helps?
http://cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58823

Old 11-24-2007, 10:49 AM   #95
beaniebopps
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_334 View Post
as a foil for all of those "oh no, the snakes are eating each other" posts here's a couple of pix of my happily cohabiting 'cannibal killers'

cute aren't they
Are they a breeding pair? I'm not telling you to seperate them, I'm in the UK and it is accepted here more. But I really don't think you should feed them together. If one snake accidently went for the same prey item as the other one, at the same time, they have no choice. They both suffocate to death or one eats the other and will probably die too.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:29 PM   #96
TripleMoonsExotic
In my opinion, bragging about practices that can have serious negative consequences isn't impressive in the least.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:00 AM   #97
cyclone
Yes I have and still nothing, she has been alone for almost a month.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:04 AM   #98
cyclone
Ok a big part of the hole co-hab thing is that No Matter What you always feed them seperate, always. Try not to feed any of them in the viv were they live, if you do and have not had any problems then good for you. The problem is if one is feed out and one in then the smell of the mouse is still in the viv, and depending on whats going on snake might be mistaken for food because of the smell. I keep all my pairs together and babies but I always feed them in their own feeding tubs.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:34 AM   #99
tbtusk
So I don't like joining in on these mass cohab conversations, but I do have to say one thing.

The first is that no matter your expiriences with keeping snakes together, you have to think about two things. The first is that snakes don't act like humans, they don't think like humans, and they don't have the emociens of humans. blah-blah We always seem to say that on here. The point is just what everyone has been saying. They might not be cuddling, even if it looks like it. The other thing to realize is that the reason we stress this point so much is that there is a POSSABILITY of something going wrong. You may not have had it happen yet, but you have to take the precation, don't you?

Now you think we can lock this thread or something??

Old 11-25-2007, 07:59 AM   #100
roy_334
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaniebopps View Post
Are they a breeding pair? I'm not telling you to seperate them, I'm in the UK and it is accepted here more. But I really don't think you should feed them together. If one snake accidently went for the same prey item as the other one, at the same time, they have no choice. They both suffocate to death or one eats the other and will probably die too.
they aren't a breeding pair per se, but they have been known to get 'jiggy with it'

as for the "don't feed them together they may accidentally eat each other" comment, i honestly don't know how to reply to that

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google