CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

View Poll Results: Is it ok to house 2 corns together?
Only if they arent both males 11 5.88%
Yes! never had a problem 41 21.93%
No! I've had problems 86 45.99%
Depends on the "personality" of the snakes 49 26.20%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Is it ok to house two snakes together?

Old 05-12-2005, 04:11 PM   #11
Clint Boyer
Sure you can keep them together, these two are perfectly happy!

Old 05-12-2005, 04:22 PM   #12
breedingcolors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Boyer

P.S.: Good point Serp!

Old 05-12-2005, 11:24 PM   #13
defx101
I havent been a snake owner for long. Because of that i cant really contribute much to this but i have housed two corns together. About 3 weeks after i got my amel i bought a ghost hes a lil guy (actually i dont know what sex they are). Anyways i put him in with my amel they got along pretty well.I had 4 hides in and i would find them together sometimes in the warm or cold side. I recently removed them when i built my new enclosure.

Thats my .02!!

Btw Plz dont bash me all at once.

Old 05-13-2005, 01:09 AM   #14
TripleMoonsExotic
The member asked for OPINIONS...OPINIONS can be found useing the search tool. I believe I recall a poll being done a month or so ago.

This whole topic is old. I'm sure their are others who are tired of it being brought up time after time...Even when their are at least 3 detailed threads already in existance explaining all the ins and out, pros and cons...

I don't know...I'm tired...I'm waiting for my magazine to be uploaded onto the FTP for the printer...then I'm heading for bed...

Old 05-13-2005, 05:01 PM   #15
Azruial
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Boyer

LOL
Thank you, Clint. Good way of making the point nice and clear!

Good point cka, it's hard for a lot of us who have been on here for a while to remember, but some people just don't know Maybe it should go into some sort of "Read This First" sticky thread? Can't wait for that FAQ, Joejr14! I'm sure it'll be excellent!

Old 05-19-2005, 02:02 PM   #16
myst
parting them

Our skizm and squirm were purchased at the same pet store. One a beautiful black and white and the other a beautiful red and oarnge. We did'nt even know they were there untill the guy picked up the water bowl and there they were. We purchased squirm and then skizm the next week. They love being in the same tank, getting skitish when the other is taken out, so we try to take them out at the same time.
Now are only problem is finding out if their both male or female or opposite sex's.

Old 05-19-2005, 02:39 PM   #17
Joejr14
Quote:
Originally Posted by myst
Our skizm and squirm were purchased at the same pet store. One a beautiful black and white and the other a beautiful red and oarnge. We did'nt even know they were there untill the guy picked up the water bowl and there they were. We purchased squirm and then skizm the next week. They love being in the same tank, getting skitish when the other is taken out, so we try to take them out at the same time.
Now are only problem is finding out if their both male or female or opposite sex's.
How do you know they love being in the same tank? Did they tell you that?

Snakes are solitary creatures. They do not live in packs, or groups, or anything of the sort. They might tolerate living with another snake, but they certainly do not 'miss' the cagemate when it is taken out of the tank.

They're getting skittish because a giant hand is reaching into their 'home' and yanking them out of it---it has nothing to do with them freaking out because they're alone.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:32 PM   #18
susang
When I was new I found the search function difficult as I didn't understand some of the terms like, 1.1.1 and I got blasted for asking, really made me 'gun shy' for a while. As far as co-habing I would rather they ask, if they will take advice, then end up with dead or young gravid corns. I totally agree with Joe about snakes being incapable of love or missing each other, but I got blasted for that remark too.
Back to the question no I don't co-habit, won't co-habit. If you want to co-habit go for it but be aware of the risks and don't say they are in love. Snakes in the same hide, probably because that is the most comfortable heat varient. And last but not least just because the pet store does it doesn't make it right.
As for Myst do you have pics of your black and white corn snake? I'ld love to see it.
susan

Old 07-16-2007, 01:09 PM   #19
tyflier
Susan...this thread is 2 years old...

Old 07-16-2007, 01:13 PM   #20
susang
Well duh! I just went to new posts and read, guess I'll have to look at dates. susan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google