CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

View Poll Results: Do you talk to your Snakes
Yes all the time 114 63.69%
Have on occasion caught myself talking to them 42 23.46%
No, never 9 5.03%
Yes, have even lied to them 14 7.82%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Talk to you snakes?

Old 11-04-2005, 11:15 AM   #11
The Nothing
yep, all the snakes get spoken to, from my girlfriend and me both. tell them how awesome/beautiful they're gonna look after they shed. Convince them that it really is time for them to deficate. Ask 'em how they like their new home, etc etc.

Old 11-04-2005, 11:18 AM   #12
Tegucentric
I never talked to my snakes, but I just got sick of all of the arguments stemming from the "lack of communication in our relationship."

Rick

Old 11-04-2005, 12:09 PM   #13
ghosthousecorns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegucentric
I never talked to my snakes, but I just got sick of all of the arguments stemming from the "lack of communication in our relationship."

Rick
LOL if they answered back I would be worried!!
I find myself saying "That's a good boy" sometimes to the difficult feeders when I get them to eat.
I also say "I am not a mouse" when I open the cage to my snake with the feeding response issues!

Old 11-04-2005, 12:52 PM   #14
Serpwidgets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintha
Then again... I talk to my cats, and my ferret, and my parrot, and my dog... and the family fish too LOL
I just can't help but picture the Sergio in Deuce Bigalow: Fishyyyyy fishyyyyy!

I talk to my snakes. Not in the same way I talk to the dog or cat... I know that the dog and cat at least recognize their names and certain words and tones, and they do know when you're talking to them. (The cat talks back, LOL.)

I doubt that the snakes recognize any of it or that it's directed at them, but I still talk to them.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:54 PM   #15
Slippery Ernie
Every day I come home from work and Clinton will be sitting coiled on his branch. I say "Hey how's it goin?" And he looks at me like "_________".
And then I say "hey, 3 poops in one day. wow!" and he looks at me like "_______".

What do you think snakes would say if they could talk? I think Clinton would be saying "wheres the mouse? wheres the mouse? wheres the mouse? gotta get out. gotta get out. gotta get out. wheres the mouse? wheres the mouse? Got any food? Hey! Don't touch me!"

Old 11-04-2005, 01:37 PM   #16
emmachan
I always talk to my babies, when i hold them, when they come out their hide, when i feed them! they are so cute that i cant resist!

Old 11-04-2005, 01:58 PM   #17
Serpwidgets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Ernie
What do you think snakes would say if they could talk? I think Clinton would be saying "wheres the mouse? wheres the mouse? wheres the mouse? gotta get out. gotta get out. gotta get out. wheres the mouse? wheres the mouse? Got any food? Hey! Don't touch me!"
If Clinton could talk we'd need another poll answer: "My snake lies to me."

Old 11-04-2005, 02:39 PM   #18
Taceas
LOL, Serp...that was so bad. =D

I admit, I do talk to my snakes when I have them out more or less. Makes it feel less clinical as I'm examining them after a shed or post meal.

Although June-bug, my first 2003 hatchling who isn't much of a hatchling anymore, I talk to her quite a bit as her viv is in the computer room. I think she's attracted to the movement of my mouth when I talk, so she'll come out to 'greet' me when I peer into her cage. And when I open the door she's happy to come out and coil around my neck while we go to new places around the house or yard.

I think its just human nature to communicate, and since we can't body jerk or tongue flick without looking like an absolute retard...talking is our way, even if they don't fully understand it.

Old 11-04-2005, 02:56 PM   #19
kathylove
It's silly to talk to snakes when they don't even have any ears - I wish I would stop doing it, lol!

Guess I have gotten too used to talking to cats over the years and can't help myself. At least the cats answer! Meow!

Old 11-04-2005, 03:43 PM   #20
Fatman608
I talk to all my snakes. Mostly to Ozzy goes like this "please don't bite me again" bite "I knew you would do it. I knew you would do it again". Ozzy is not a Corn he is Cali king. I will tame him one day or be bitten to death by him. The rest I tell how pretty they are or how nice they shed. Just stupid stuff like that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google