CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

View Poll Results: Do you talk to your Snakes
Yes all the time 114 63.69%
Have on occasion caught myself talking to them 42 23.46%
No, never 9 5.03%
Yes, have even lied to them 14 7.82%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Talk to you snakes?

Old 11-06-2005, 08:00 AM   #31
Syphen
I dont have a snake yet but i am getting one. As for talking to animals i talk to my cat all the time Hell i even talk to him about my problems crazy or not its nice to have somthing to talk to if your alone often. I even talk to my Leopard gecko just saying hi and what not and asking him if hes still on strike from worms. Overall i dont think its crazy unless your animals start answering you.

Old 11-06-2005, 08:17 AM   #32
mbdorfer
Yes, I have caught myself talking to my snakes every now and then. Quite often it ends up being the most stimulating conversation of the day

Old 11-06-2005, 09:32 AM   #33
MegF.
I talk to mine all the time. I always tell them hello when they come out, call the girls beautiful. I even apologized repeatedly to my Green tree python when she got stuck in some electrical tape I was using to hold some vines in place. I really could care less if they can hear me or not!

Old 11-08-2005, 08:44 AM   #34
ChiaraMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Ernie
What do you think snakes would say if they could talk? I think Clinton would be saying "wheres the mouse? wheres the mouse? wheres the mouse? gotta get out. gotta get out. gotta get out. wheres the mouse? wheres the mouse? Got any food? Hey! Don't touch me!"
actually that's what my friend says to Kiki all the time: "wo ist die maus? wo ist die maus?" when he has her on hand. but the funny part is, i get stressed when he says that because i was afraid Kiki could somehow relate handling with food...

another thing is, i always talk to Kiki in german, prob. because she is from a german breeder. hopefully she doesn't learn broken german from me!

Old 11-08-2005, 10:37 AM   #35
Gintha
Hehe... glad I'm not the only one who speaks to their snakes in other languages! I talk to Hunter in french hehe tho he seems to respond the same to english... bilingual snake! =)

Old 11-08-2005, 01:22 PM   #36
Preita
I used to all the time before Nix died. When ever I checked the heat or walked by I'd say hello. lol At least Im not the only one.

I will carry on full conversations with my cats though. They are always chatty (meowy?), anytime I say something to them (for some reason they know its to them) they always answer. Though, in hindsite its probably cat for "bitch, wheres my dinner".

Old 11-08-2005, 07:52 PM   #37
KatieL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taceas
I admit, I do talk to my snakes when I have them out more or less. Makes it feel less clinical as I'm examining them after a shed or post meal.
Haha, working on your bedside manner, I see.

I must admit that as much as I try to steer clear of anthropomorphism, I do indeed talk to my snakes even though I know they can't hear me. I do tell them they are pretty (or handsome if its Trogdor), and when I am proud of them for eating well or for having a perfect shed, ect. Although, for large portions of the evening when Jeff is at class it's just me and the snakes, so I guess I count them as company at that point. But hey, I've yet to feel lonely, so maybe there is something to this talking thing after all...

*sigh* we are all so crazy. I can't believe I'm admitting to talking to them...

Old 01-13-2006, 10:36 AM   #38
Plums
always talk to my babies..they are the loves of my life !

Old 01-15-2006, 12:39 PM   #39
azsnakegirls
I talk to my snakes all the time too. Especially to my ball python(Zith). Everytime I take him out (which is very often) I always say "Hi there Zith." or "Are you cold." -Cheyenne

Old 01-16-2006, 02:06 AM   #40
Jessicat
Thinking back I don't think I've really had any conversations with my snakes..

I do have staring contests with them however. I'll look over and see a snake head looking at me, and I can't take my gaze away. During these times I consider the snake a comrade and although I don't say anything outloud to it I feel as though it's on the same "level" as me.

As for howling at the moon with my pit I haven't necessarily found myself in quite a situation, but not only do i talk (and cry) to my pup, but also make up things for him to say. Usually the narration for him happens when I'm with other people though, not by myself. One of my good friends and I were sitting around talking recently, and after awhile we realized that we'd been "talking for the dogs" for at least 10 minutes or so!!

(I talk to inanimate objects sometimes too...)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google