CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

View Poll Results: Do you talk to your Snakes
Yes all the time 114 63.69%
Have on occasion caught myself talking to them 42 23.46%
No, never 9 5.03%
Yes, have even lied to them 14 7.82%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Talk to you snakes?

Old 01-16-2006, 09:56 AM   #41
SnakeAround
I caught myself feeling silly about talking to them sometimes, but I keep on doing it. It makes me feel closer to them. With the talking I express my feelings and thoughts regarding them and their care. My b/fr is not interested in it so who should I tell about it if not them

Old 01-16-2006, 10:21 AM   #42
Kvlt
all the time...but the option Yes, have even lied to them made me laugh hehe

Old 01-16-2006, 11:01 AM   #43
lozzer
I must admit i can't but help talking to my reptiles.

Old 01-16-2006, 05:00 PM   #44
bitsy
I talk to my gang all the time.

First off, I live on my own and otherwise I'd be talking to myself (which I understand is an even worse sign!).

Secondly, the snakes talk more sense than most people I know...

Old 01-16-2006, 07:11 PM   #45
Jessicat
I think this is becoming my favorite thread

Old 01-19-2006, 05:34 PM   #46
snakessss
I talk to my snake all the time! Hes my buddy, i mean cmon? Who doesnt?

Old 01-21-2006, 02:40 PM   #47
BarbwireNRoses
Good...I'm not as crazy as I thought. My roommate and my boyfriend also speak to my snake. But perhaps its because I have a tendancy to include her in the conversation. "SEE! Lucy agrees with me!" Seriously though, its more for my own benefit than hers, I know she doesn't care whether I talk to her or not. She just seems content to be fed. And has calmed down amazingly with the daily handling. She no longer reacts to being picked up and aside from trying to crawl up my sleeve all the time is relatively mellow while being held as well. Can't wait til she's big enough for me not to worry so much about her getting away...

Old 01-21-2006, 03:45 PM   #48
Inked_lil_girl
I talk to Ziggy, he’s my sweet boy. Very mellow likes to make him self into bracelet. I tell Vito he’s a brat all the time b/c he always trying to brake out of the Viv. There’s a small gap between the screen and the lip of the viv. He wiggles between it and sometimes I don’t check to see if he’s there and I pop it open and he goes flying back into the viv. Only like 12in drop so he’s not getting hurt but he never learns.

Old 01-22-2006, 04:44 PM   #49
CaptBogart
Talking This is so funny

I talk to my snake, and it kinda started when I was trying to name him. Now I just say "Hey Sssscorn" whenever I see him cruising the tank or when I pick him up. I know they can't hear but I'm sure they must pick up the vibration at least. I've always made fun of our female roomate for talking to the cats and dogs though, saying, "they only hear blah, blah, blah, cookie, blah blah, outside, blah, blah, potty..." I do howl with Sierra (the wolf hybrid) though. She howls at the ice cream truck, (before I can hear the music), any siren, and the noisy scrub jays that fly in every evening to roost..... Glad I only have one neighbor, we howl a lot....

Old 01-22-2006, 05:15 PM   #50
RyanR
lol nice topic.. i cant say i talk to them alot but on occasion i catch my self saying like settle down buddy squirming wont get you anywhere..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google