• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

water

Jr Nimeskern

Snake lover for lifer
ok ive had my corns for like 1 1/2 weeks and i have never seen any of them drink from their water bowl... maybe its because they do it at night but i have never even touch the water... havent seen the soak in it... havent seen them drink it... havent seen them look at all intrested in water... can someone tell me why?

They will be drinking, just probably when you are not looking, mine usually head's for the water bowl as soon as I put it back in. I change the water every day and clean her bowl out as well. You will see it happening and they look so cute when they are drinking. Wilma has never soaked in her bowl though but I have got her used to having a bath now. Good luck and enjoy your corn's.:)

Does a fallen tree make a sound if no one is around? :)

Seriously, Just because you dont see your corn drinking doesnt mean that he isnt. Like Lynn I normally only see my corns drink after I've just given them new water. That doesnt mean they arent drinking in between water refills.

-Kev

When you say you have not touched the water, do you mean you haven't changed it? If you haven't then the water must be pretty grubby by now, also the temp of the water is the same temp of the viv, and I have noticed my snakes like a cool fresh drink. Sometimes I put my finger in the water and drip it off the end onto the front of the snakes mouth where the tounge comes out, they are so sweet when they drink off my finger, I think this shows that they are very tame and they trust and know me. If the viv isn't getting very hot, say about 80 - 85 deg dth, then the snake probably isn't too hot, they only seem to soak in the water when the heat is high. But then again some snakes like soaking more than others. Anyway I suggest you give them fresh water every day, or at the least every other day, cos I wouldn't like to drink week old water, would you.

Don't worry as long as they can get to the bowl and the water's clean. I had the same worries when I started. I finally saw them drink when it was evening and dark in the room and I surprised them with the light.

Back