CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

he hates me!! help please!!

Old 12-26-2006, 10:42 PM   #1
Jdizzyfizzy
he hates me!! help please!!

My snake hates me, i'am soo nice to him but whenever i want to hold him he goes into his bed or gets snappy with me, ive tried all times, night and day, when i get him mad i leave him for an hour or two then come back and he still does it, how do i approach him to hold him???!!?

Old 12-26-2006, 11:11 PM   #2
Brizzle
Just grab him. He'll most likely calm down after you pick him up.
If he bites, don't put him back. That just gives him what he wants.

Old 12-26-2006, 11:13 PM   #3
Jdizzyfizzy
but hes scary lol, i sound stupid, and you may think if i'am scared of snakes i shouldnt have one, but hes stuben!! and hes strong he might be small and ppl say his bite wont hert but the power behind him, the strike alone would hert alot! i have some cotton gloves witch i could wear there arm gloved but i dont wana start confusing him!!

Old 12-26-2006, 11:46 PM   #4
xXMetalsAngelXx
LoL well think about it, you're at home nice and warm then out of no where the roof to your house is ripped off and this giant hand grabs you. Scary huh?

The best you can do it hold him for 15-30 mins. Is he a baby? if he is baby bites are nothing. I had a evil candy cane *coughs* thanks trevor *coughs* and I held her for as long as it took, there was times she would bite 10 times in a row but I'd still hold her. She's fine now.

Just grabs the baby quickly and try to move as naturally as possible with your hands. Soon the baby will realize your warm and will calm down. Ig your worried about being bitten put on some latex gloves because some people think they don't like the taste but it helps create a sence of false secruity lol. Good luck!

Old 12-26-2006, 11:49 PM   #5
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdizzyfizzy
but hes scary lol, i sound stupid, and you may think if i'am scared of snakes i shouldnt have one, but hes stuben!! and hes strong he might be small and ppl say his bite wont hert but the power behind him, the strike alone would hert alot! i have some cotton gloves witch i could wear there arm gloved but i dont wana start confusing him!!
A hatchling bite is like getting the "hook" side of Velcro scraped across your skin.

Just pick up the snake and hold him. Grow a pair, as it were. You don't want to end up like this guy.

regards,
jazz

Old 12-26-2006, 11:54 PM   #6
xXMetalsAngelXx
Oh my god, best video ever! and great for this thread lol.

Old 12-26-2006, 11:59 PM   #7
xXMetalsAngelXx
Pineapple!!!

Old 12-27-2006, 12:01 AM   #8
Jrgh17
That video is beautiful

Old 12-27-2006, 12:05 AM   #9
Lore
LOL!

Pineapple... PINEAPPLE!!!!

Seriously... tho, not to be harsh... but suck it up reach in and grab him. If you poke in there all scared like, ya, he's gunna get pissed, being poked n that, but if you just grab him and pull him out you should be fine, even so if he bites you its not THAT bad...

Old 12-27-2006, 12:19 AM   #10
Bobo's Mama
Dude! Its not going to kill you. Here, look...

At the time of the bite, this corn was nearly 3ft long and 220g. I lived! Of course this was a feeding bite, not a fear bite, but the point remains the same: The bites don't hurt that much. This isn't a boa! If it bites you, and you put it back, you are "teaching" it that it will get put back when it bites you. Hold on to it, even if it bites you. And don't put it back in until it calms down.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google