CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

he hates me!! help please!!

Old 12-27-2006, 07:53 PM   #81
Jdizzyfizzy
i suppose, but shes not going from hand to hand shes going in my pokets and down my top and she even when down a hole and nearly ended up in my boxers... he/she wont just relax and go from hand to hand :/

Old 12-27-2006, 10:46 PM   #82
BeckyG
Is English a second language for you?

First off, don't handle your snake more than once a day. Handling it multiple times a day is very stressing to them. Secondly, give it more time. It's not going to tame down in 5 minutes, or even 5 days.

Be patient. I had one corn that it took me a year before I could pick her up without chasing her all over her viv. But now she is my calmest snake, and the one I introduce to those who are scared of them. If she can handle 12 screaming pre-teen girls, she can handle anything.

Old 12-28-2006, 11:20 AM   #83
Jdizzyfizzy
yea i dont normally hold twise a day, ummm.... and no english aint a second language for me, i'am 14 and very dislexik, sorry if i dont meet ur standards of spech but thats the way i'am, and yea he seems alot calmer when i held him today i think holding him once a day is better cuzz when i held him yesterday morning he was great then at night he was a little critter... so yea...

Old 12-28-2006, 11:21 AM   #84
Jdizzyfizzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0rn_Sn@ke
No offence fizzy
but are you a boy or a girl?

Have fun with your snake and good luck
i'am a boy :/

Old 12-28-2006, 01:04 PM   #85
Brizzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyG

Be patient. I had one corn that it took me a year before I could pick her up without chasing her all over her viv. But now she is my calmest snake, and the one I introduce to those who are scared of them. If she can handle 12 screaming pre-teen girls, she can handle anything.
Oh god, that reminds me. I had just picked up my new hatchling and I hadn't gotten the stuff for it yet(Yeah I know, bad me). So I had to go to the petstore with her and look for a cage and everything for her. While I was there, there was a grown women who saw this little snake and was like "OMG SNAKE!" and moved to the other side of the guy she was with. I was just thinking..can you be any more pathetic? It's not gonna get you.

Old 12-28-2006, 01:28 PM   #86
VooDooVinnie
Now see, I'd have been just cruel enough to go "yeah he's tiny, but man if he decides to eat you that mouth can open wide enough to swallow your head quite easily... wanna see??" and watch her have a complete meltdown.

I hate ignorant people.

Jdizzyfizzy just be patient with your baby It does take time and they probably won't ever be cuddly like a dog or cat would. We had one for several months that was just starting to settle down and my little one bit me last night... some thanks I get for spending beaucoup bucks on all this stuff for him yeah? lol Just hang in there and keep working with him

Old 12-28-2006, 01:37 PM   #87
Brizzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooVinnie
Now see, I'd have been just cruel enough to go "yeah he's tiny, but man if he decides to eat you that mouth can open wide enough to swallow your head quite easily... wanna see??" and watch her have a complete meltdown.

I hate ignorant people.
Haha, that'd be hilarious.

Old 12-28-2006, 01:42 PM   #88
VooDooVinnie
People like that leave themselves wide open for entertainment

Old 12-28-2006, 02:12 PM   #89
Nanci
She's just being a perfectly normal, active, curious snake.

Nanci

Old 12-28-2006, 05:29 PM   #90
Nanci
George, I looked at your latest blog- Damien looks great to me! Keep up the good work!

Nanci

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google