CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Should I feed my snake tonight?

Old 05-08-2002, 09:56 AM   #1
kellum
Should I feed my snake tonight?

I got my snake on Saturday. She was doing well so I put her in a feeding container and gave ner a small pinkie which she gobbled up quickly.

It has been three days and she has not defecated. There is not a lump visible in her body but then again the little pinkie didn't make much of one to begin with. I want to start her regular feeding schedule tonight.

Is it ok to feed her?

Thanks

Keith

Old 05-08-2002, 11:06 AM   #2
gekko1
Talking

if you want to feed her a small pinkie every 3 days thats fine. i feed mine two every 3 days and he's about 18" long and 7 months old.

Old 05-08-2002, 11:57 AM   #3
Darin Chappell
Given that this is your first snake and you have not yet had it very long, I would suggest not feeding it again until it deficates. That way, you will know for certain that your temps are OK, there are no gastrointestinal problems with your snake's ability to digest food and dispose of its waste, and that you are not trying to feed it too soon. Worst case scenario would be that you have to wait for a week if you were bound and determined to get it on a specific schedule. However, that would only mean that your little snake would be extra ready to take its meal when you offer it.

Hope this helps -- Darin

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google