CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

is my baby about to shed?

Old 10-06-2008, 10:26 PM   #1
*salAMANDA88*
Question is my baby about to shed?

I looked at my little girl today, and her belly is all cloudy and glossy looking...her eyes are clear, and the last time she shed (that I know of) was on 8-3-08....she hasn't shed for me yet since I've had her..so is this a sign?
any advice would be great..thanks

Old 10-06-2008, 10:32 PM   #2
Cornsnake124
It may be in the early stages, but until the eyes cloud up, it might be a little bit

Old 10-06-2008, 10:37 PM   #3
*salAMANDA88*
yeah..thanks..I just wasn't sure..I know her belly was not like that the other day...and she has been feeding well and active..so she seems healthy...I just thought it was weird, and I thought she just might be getting ready to shed...
lol...thanks for the advice...this question may sound stupid...but I have to know...lol

Old 10-06-2008, 11:26 PM   #4
akki_neko
My amel guy gets cloudy in his body before his eyes go cloudy, so not a dumb question. The whole process takes about a week for him, maybe a few days more or less, depending.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:47 PM   #5
measley
Quote:
Originally Posted by akki_neko View Post
My amel guy gets cloudy in his body before his eyes go cloudy, so not a dumb question. The whole process takes about a week for him, maybe a few days more or less, depending.
My normal does too, his tummy gets cloudy and then maybe 3-4 day's later, his eyes go blue for a couple of days and then they clear and 2-3 days after that is when he usually sheds. In fact, I'm waiting for a shed either tomorrow or the next day now.

So I would say it's a good bet that your baby is about to shed soon! post pics!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google