CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Gay snakes...

Old 05-16-2009, 12:45 AM   #21
vetusvates
I had a speckled king snake, once,...whose slither was a little...swishy. Not quite queenie,....but his crawl was just a wee bit on the feminine side. IMHO. But I treated him with all the respect I'd treat any snake.

Old 05-16-2009, 01:31 AM   #22
theMeanGreen
I love my snakes. gay or straight. I think I was just hoping people would say something along the lines of, "If you bought from a reputable breeder, then he wouldn't make that mistake. Your snakes are gay." I have done research, I am aware that keeping snakes together is a bad idea, since they might eat each other and mate. And for my choice of words, I was not trying to be cute, funny or any other thing, I was just typing my thoughts. Sorry for not being suave enough for you all. I just wanted some feedback. But seriously, if that was truly offensive to some, maybe lighten up?

Old 05-16-2009, 01:43 AM   #23
tricksterpup
I really do not understand this thread??
Do you really believe your own stuff?

Old 05-16-2009, 01:54 AM   #24
Floof
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMeanGreen View Post
I love my snakes. gay or straight. I think I was just hoping people would say something along the lines of, "If you bought from a reputable breeder, then he wouldn't make that mistake. Your snakes are gay." I have done research, I am aware that keeping snakes together is a bad idea, since they might eat each other and mate. And for my choice of words, I was not trying to be cute, funny or any other thing, I was just typing my thoughts. Sorry for not being suave enough for you all. I just wanted some feedback. But seriously, if that was truly offensive to some, maybe lighten up?
If you were offended by everyone's responses, you should've been clearer in the beginning--that they weren't housed together, that you KNOW these consequences, that it isn't a joke... Don't get mad at those having fun with it, and don't get pissy because you didn't get the answer you wanted. Even the most reputable breeder makes sexing mistakes sometimes. It's a very real possibility that the breeder in question made a mistake. If you saw hemipenes when your '07 started trying to "mate" your '08, then chances are there WAS a mistake when the breeder sexed the '08.

I'd suggest getting them probed by your vet... Then you can tell us whether they're horny or homo. =)

Old 05-16-2009, 01:57 AM   #25
ForkedTung
In Kevin McuCurly's ( pretty much started the BP morphs) book on BP's he claims that known male Bp's will mate upon occasion.

Old 05-16-2009, 01:57 AM   #26
kathylove
Since even reputable breeders will occasionally make mistakes, I think everyone WAS trying to lighten the mood a little. The choice of words was somewhat funny.

Since the deed is already done, and you have already received advice about it, I don't see the harm in having a little fun with the subject. Everyone can use a smile these days - wherever it can be found. It is part of the camaraderie that makes the site enjoyable, IMHO.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:37 AM   #27
LBoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathylove View Post
I don't see the harm in having a little fun with the subject. Everyone can use a smile these days - wherever it can be found. It is part of the camaraderie that makes the site enjoyable, IMHO.
Amen, Sistah!

Old 05-16-2009, 10:09 AM   #28
jazzgeek
Are the vivariums tastefully decorated?

Dale

Old 05-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #29
ForkedTung
Quote:
Their tails are intertwined and they both seem to be enjoying it.
How is this qualified? Do they drink aperitifs and smoke cigarettes afterward?

Old 05-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #30
vetusvates
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMeanGreen View Post
MeanGreen, do not change a thing. Ever. (Except maybe the co-habbing part.) We are just being a little silly and a lot friendly. Speaking for myself, you seem like a great guy with a sly wit, and I took no offense by any means. You just provided a subject that was ripe for humor.
This is 2009, and I'm sure you'll even run into gay people on the site, who are indeed sophisticated enough to poke a little fun at the subject, believe it or not.

Relax and enjoy the camaraderie.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google