CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Showering with your snake

Old 05-21-2009, 04:27 PM   #81
Caryl
I'm glad I can always count on this forum to supply me with a smile. I must admit, the concept of showering with large reptiles had not previously occured to me... Kathy's shower story is amazing! I wonder: when people complain about snakes being nasty, slimy, dirty creatures, do you think we should tell them about how the darlin' creatures will voluntarily take showers?

Old 05-21-2009, 05:44 PM   #82
Camby
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinLynn View Post
I think because the "warm" water we use to bathe our snakes in would actually be cool to us. If you put a snake in the shower using what we consider "warm" it could potentially burn our snakes. The vet didn't recommend warm steam, he recommended actually putting him in the shower. Big difference.

Agreed, but he never said the vet recommended the water at a certain temp. Common sense says you don't scaled the snake.

dc

Old 05-21-2009, 10:35 PM   #83
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camby View Post
Not arguing, but why is that the vet's fault the snake died? Other than the fact I don't bathe with "animals", I really don't see how warm steam from a shower is harmful to the snake? For bad shed issues, I place a snake in an appropriate size container with warm water and soak them, typical does the trick with no health issues.

dc
Common sense also reads my full post, and realizes that I NEVER SAID it was the vets fault the snake died. I said that was a story for another day. Indeed, it is a story that has been told more than a few times over the past year (full story can be found here).
Like Min said, the vet did not recommend I keep her in the bathroom when I was showering. He recommended I bring her in with me. Now I know common sense to us would say make sure not to scald the snake, but to a newbie snake owner, they might take it in at regular "warm" temps for the human (which can be over 100*F and detrimental to the snakes health).

Old 05-21-2009, 10:57 PM   #84
MedusaCorns
Is this still going?.......

Old 05-23-2009, 08:55 AM   #85
starsevol
I had a nightmare last night.
I had 2 HUGE burmese pythons in cages way too small that I had just rescued from somewhere. I took them home and had no place to put them. I was desperately trying to rehome them because otherwise they would have had to live in the bathroom.

THANX ALOT, KATHY!

Old 05-23-2009, 09:03 AM   #86
Nanci
I had a dream that had to do with cats swimming way across a lake to get to where I was. Then I had this cool innertube raft thing, and I had them tied to it with leashes, so they'd jump in the lake, but they had to swim back to the raft. It was purple.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google