CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

OMG what are those popping up?!

Old 06-16-2012, 12:55 AM   #241
nocturnalheaven
Just stumbled into this thread and I know I'm a but late but congratulations on all the beautiful"micro pave" babies! These are some truly beautiful snakes you have!

Old 06-16-2012, 01:49 AM   #242
Kate
YAY!! OMG can't wait to see pictures tomorrow!!

Old 06-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #243
SnakeAround
Two normals came out on their own and are not micro's but they look normal and healthy as can be, which is good I have just peeled out two eggs that had not slit yet, because last year I learned that any egg that won't slit a day after the others holds a DIE. These two eggs yielded two amels, not micro They are still in the membrane with a wet paper towel over them but with their nose sticking out so I am sure they won't choke. They look ok so far. There is still a normal colored one that refuses to come out further than halfway its head but I enlarged the gap en tried to take a look at it. I think it is not a micro either.... So, no final prove of the recessive inheritance this year I think.... not sure if I want to breed the mother again next year, after three years in a row she deserves a year off but except for the small clutches she never had any trouble laying or recovering afterwards.

The micro x snow clutch is done and consists of 17 perfect hatchlings I have not yet counted amels versus normals but there seem to be quite some more amels! Like 12 to 5 or so.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #244
SnakeAround
From the micro x mother clutch one amel did not make it, it did not absorg the egg sack. The yolk had already started to get thick a lot, I think that might have contaminated his blood?

I decided to cut off the yolk of the other baby, which had gotten out of the membrane but could not get out with the yolk attached. The next day it acted lethargic and looked a bit dehydrated so I gently dipped him in luke warm water. It did not drink but got more active and started using its tongue. I put it back in the incubator with little hope but it got better and better. Now I would not have guessed it had a bad start at all So, I have four normals and an amel, none of them micro But they are perfect, no kinks or such. Unfortunately now I cannot say anything about the micro gene from this clutch now.... way too small. But at least there are not 25 normal scaled babies in it to ruin my day, that would have been worrying

Old 06-20-2012, 07:53 PM   #245
Kate
Well, I am glad you had so many healthy ones, and I don't know how I missed your previous post!
I was just showing off the micro scale babies to my grandma, telling her how I want one.
These babies are most likely het for it right?

Old 06-20-2012, 07:58 PM   #246
Migronoh
I agree. I want one too!! they're so cool

Old 06-21-2012, 03:16 AM   #247
SnakeAround
Yep, Kate that is what I expect.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #248
Kate
lol well then, I can't WAIT to hear when you breed these guys in 2-3 years!
Do any have that distinct 'het' look you've noticed in previous hets for micro scale?

Old 06-22-2012, 07:11 AM   #249
SnakeAround
I have not yet tested poss. hets and this year I have the first 100% hets. The original line shows a certain look color wise. They also have quite large heads. This years outbred clutch seems to have the same color and something else that is recognisable but not defineable.

Old 07-17-2015, 06:32 PM   #250
SnakeAround
Proven the gene on world Snake day yay !!!

https://www.facebook.com/Snakearound.nl, check de latest post linking to the photo album.

Proven after out breeding, yay! Got a an anery and a snow micro scale!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google