CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Non-aggressive biting?

Old 03-22-2020, 03:23 PM   #1
aa.lind
Question Non-aggressive biting?

My fiance was holding our 6 year old corn in her lap and he attempted to bite her thigh. He was not aggressive (ie. he didn't lunge or snap or anything of that sort) but he did repeat the action multiple times (presumably realizing her thigh was too big each time?) but it still seems weird that he would do this at all. He was about one week ago (we usually feed him once every two weeks) and he's never bitten either of use before. Has anyone seen this behavior before in their corn(s)?

Old 03-23-2020, 10:00 PM   #2
SnakeCreations
Sure! He must have smelled something he liked. Mine typically nose-butt me and then try to eat whatever he/she has shown interest in. Some of my snakes will scoop up the mouse, some will strike and dramatically wrap. The hungrier they are the more aggressive they are....mostly.

-Tonya

Old 08-12-2020, 02:14 AM   #3
flutterbyu
I wonder if he’d like to be fed more often. I usually feed my adults once a week.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
behavior, biting, uncommon