CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

What is your cornsnakes name?

Old 11-03-2004, 10:40 AM   #1
5N4K3
What is your cornsnakes name?

Hi all,
I thought it would be intresting to make a post so that everyone can share there snakes name. and what it looks like and why u named it that

Old 11-03-2004, 10:49 AM   #2
Godzilla2000
Well, mine will be easy. Just look at my signature.

Old 11-03-2004, 10:54 AM   #3
5N4K3
now i am having a feeling that this is a dumb thread lol....

Old 11-03-2004, 11:01 AM   #4
Taceas
This could take a while. And I know there are more people out there who have more snakes than me and still bother to name them. =P

Adults:

Hecate - Normal Motley (het Amel) F - Witch Goddess, sometimes associated with serpents.

Diablo - Normal Stripe (het Amel) M - He has a devilish look about him I can't quite place. Plus, he's red and orange, same color as the nasty monster on the game Diablo.

Frost - Snow M - Couldn't think of any other cold-sounding name. =P

Orion - Amel Motley (het Butter) M - His color resembles the color of the star in the Orion constellation, Betelguese. But I've already got another snake name Beetlejuice..so Orion was left.

Echo - Ghost Motley F - Name she came to me with. =P

Yearlings & Two-year Olds:

June - Amel Motley F - She was the only keeper from my first clutch that I produced, and she hatched in June.

Kingsford - Charcoal M - Duh...Kingsford Charcoal is the best. =P

Schnee - Blizzard F - Schnee is German for "snow".

Ungeheuer - Okeetee M - Ungeheuer is German for "monster", which he is.

Etna - Lava F - Named for Mt. Etna, a volcano.

Rainier - Lava M - Name for Mt. Rainier, another volcano.

Fiesty - Normal (het Lava) F - She's a high-strung snake.

Beetlejuice - Creamsicle Motley M - His color really matches the star color.

Rose - Sunglow Motley F - Has a deep red-rose base color.

*Pauses a moment to remember names while at work*

Nairobi - Normal Kenyan Sand Boa F - Named for the capital of Kenya

Naga - Anery Kenyan Sand Boa M - Named for another Kenyan city.

Ripley - Pewter F - Main character in my fav movie, Aliens.

Sorr - Bloodred M - Half of Dynasorr, my bloodred pair, which Dyna died unexpectedly earlier this year.

Petunia - Hypo Lavender - Has a nice pink/purple petunia color.

And there are a few others I'm drawing a blank on at the moment. I'll update with them when I get home and can look in my notecard box. =P

You can view pics of my snakes by going to: http://www.mainecoon.net/~rain/snakepics.htm

Old 11-03-2004, 11:36 AM   #5
ecreipeoj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taceas
Schnee - Blizzard F - Schnee is German for "snow".
Oh GREAT!, another angle for coming up with morph names. German translations.

I only have a couple of mine named. Casper is a Ghostly looking Lavender and his genetics are very mysterious.

"What the Hell" is a Lavender and that is what I said to myself when he was born. He was brown and butt ugly. He is Hell of Pink now!

Ulgy is my Ugly Ducking normal Cubed Miami phase something or other, that isn't looking so bad these days.

Old 11-03-2004, 11:41 AM   #6
jzal8
Cool

mine is named napolean....after napolean dynamite

Old 11-03-2004, 12:18 PM   #7
howiet4702
My one and only is naked Chilly. The reason? Because the breeder shipped him USPS with no heat packs during a 50 degree day. He was quite "Chilly" when I got him....

Old 11-03-2004, 01:02 PM   #8
CreepyCrawlrGrl
Well, I can never remember properly what exactly our snakes are (in terms of genetics), but there's Nippy, thus named because when Mike first got her (geez, "her"... still can't get used to that, lol), she took to snapping at Mike's fingers whenever he tried to pick her up. I affectionately refer to her as "Nibbles." She's quite lovely, though- the only part of her official, like, breed I can remember is "sunglow," if that means anything to anyone. I know I posted their types on one of the other threads, with the instruction of my boyfriend, but I can't remember where.
Then there's Icepick, who we think is a charcoal something-or-other (type a or b, we're not sure, lol), but now might be part ratsnake as that we took her to a breeder for sexing and she says that she might be a Rootbeer (which is apparently a morph that only occurs in ratsnake mixes. or something. ) She got named after a character that someone in my Theater Arts class did. He was supposed to be a "gangsta" and he came up with the name "Icepick" as his thug name. I told Mike about it when I got home and he decided that this was a good name for her, as that she's kind of a bad ass.
And finally Gracie, who's a snow and quite lovely. However, the breeder named her, so I don't know that there's any more reason than that was just the name she came up with.
Oh, and there's a boa named Demon, which is a horrible name for him, btw, because he's such a sweetheart. Mike wanted a snake with a scary name- thus, Demon.
Yup. Them's the kids!

Old 11-03-2004, 01:34 PM   #9
Amanda E
"Tesla Coil" - Coral Snow, my "husband's" snake so he named him

"Luci" - Bloodred; girl verison of Lucifer

"Desi" - Bloodred; well, I had named his future mate Luci, and I was practically brought up on everything "Lucille Ball" so I just had to name him this

"Banshee" - Ghost; kind of self-explanatory

"Lucky" - Hypo poss. Het Caramel; he got loose, got stuck in a tape trap, and didn't want to eat for some time, but he's a trooper and now one of my best eaters

"Nitro" - Hypo Het Caramel; LONG story behind this name

"Glycerine" - Het Hypo Het Caramel; same LONG story behind this name

And a bunch of hatchlings I've yet to name.

Old 11-03-2004, 02:01 PM   #10
ghosthousecorns
I always liked greek mythology, so mine are all named after gods and monsters!
Adults:
Zeus normal male
Athena snow zig zag female
Hydra snow f
Medusa hypo f
03's:
Ares amel m
Artemis snow f
Pandora normal f?
Atlas snow m?
04's
Andromeda anery f
Aphrodite crimson f
Kraken hypo motley m
Arachne motley f (mia)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google