• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

look what we found

4riscorn

ACR#774 NevaeH Reptiles
We had a special visitor yesterday...not a welcomed one either..but he is really cute!
Jake wanted to keep it!!!
IMG_0002.JPG

He is so cute! Why would he not be welcome? I had a friend who had a bat for a pet for many years. Not like you could just keep a wild one. I love bats.

How cute!! I love bats too. In the summer we can sit out in our yard during the evening and watch them flying overhead...never seen one around the house, though.

me too! I'm not sure why. I like watching them from a distance..as in NOT in the same room. We had one in the apartment the other day, My boyfriend just put on leather gloves and grabbed it...put it outside.

Neat pic!
Bat's are really cool animals. Doubt if I'd want to keep one, but I do think they're cute.

Neat pic!
Bat's are really cool animals. Doubt if I'd want to keep one, but I do think they're cute.

Thats a good way of putting it. I do like how they look in pics, and in appropriate enclosures, but I dont like to have them loose and near me. I cant hack it.

I wouldn't mind them loose near me, but you wouldn't you have to feed them insects?
Maybe it would be better to get a big fruit bat.

I wouldn't mind them loose near me, but you wouldn't you have to feed them insects?
Maybe it would be better to get a big fruit bat.

Thoes are some BIG mothers! My cousin has worked in conservation for years...he's had some interesting animals in his care. I think he called the fruit bat stella for the time it was in his care.
Like spiders, bats become less of a concern when I can SEE them, and I know what they're doing. Big ones are easier to keep track of. :shrugs:

Back