• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Daytona 2009

What do you think about my earlier suggestion - one price for early registrants, and more for late comers? If we figured it will cost $8 each (doesn't cover condiments, dessert, paper plates, etc), what about $10 for early birds, and $15 if you wait until the last week or so? Or something similar? That would help pay ahead for the food so nobody has to spend much out of pocket.

How 'bout considering charging a couple dollars extra per "ticket" or "shirt" and donating the unused proceeds to some organization like PIJAC? Might even help, in return, to get a few noteable people interested outside of just the people reading posts on this forum.
KJ

The advantage of doing that (besides the obvious benefit of helping a good organization) is that you could charge more than enough to cover the expenses ahead of time, subtract the exact expenses, and then everyone would know ahead of time that the excess would go to a particular cause.

What do you think about my earlier suggestion - one price for early registrants, and more for late comers? If we figured it will cost $8 each (doesn't cover condiments, dessert, paper plates, etc), what about $10 for early birds, and $15 if you wait until the last week or so? Or something similar? That would help pay ahead for the food so nobody has to spend much out of pocket.

I think this would probably be a good idea and make a lot of sense. Have like a "cut off date". If you make reservations before that date the cost is "x" amount of dollars for dinner, and if after that date then cost is "x" amount.

The advantage of doing that (besides the obvious benefit of helping a good organization) is that you could charge more than enough to cover the expenses ahead of time, subtract the exact expenses, and then everyone would know ahead of time that the excess would go to a particular cause.

Yep.......and nobody worth listening to should ever complain about "spending a couple dollars extra" when it is all said and done. If the extra goes towards something like that (especially an intentional extra), then I'll even consider shunning the Pituophis guys and a NICE, QUIET, hotel room to attend it, too........lol.

Yep.......and nobody worth listening to should ever complain about "spending a couple dollars extra" when it is all said and done. If the extra goes towards something like that (especially an intentional extra), then I'll even consider shunning the Pituophis guys and a NICE, QUIET, hotel room to attend it, too........lol.

LOL, LOVE the choice of wording.

Last time I did one of those, people kept pouring water on me and tried to push me out to sea.

So, I vote "no". :grin01:

Dale

Awww, wait until you see me baby!

Make sure they include hard boiled eggs and lots of veggies. Then the non-meat eaters who do eat eggs can make a great salad. We should have the mixed, dark greens instead of watery iceberg lettuce. Good for sandwiches or salads. And of course, a couple of salad dressings, along with the mustard, ketchup, etc.

Maybe we should all bring a bottle of our favorite condiment or dressing, and then take the leftover home with us? That would save buying a bunch of bottles that won't get used up. Would that be worthwhile, or too much trouble?

That's why I wanted to do the Cobb salad platter. Plenty of fun stuff for everyone to choose from!

Everyone bringing a salad dressing (even if it's just a small bottle) sounds like a great idea. I know if we go out and get bigger bottles of every dressing, they won't all be used, and wind up going to waste.

I do like this idea! The Cornsnake Fundraising Dinner. :D

I think this would probably be a good idea and make a lot of sense. Have like a "cut off date". If you make reservations before that date the cost is "x" amount of dollars for dinner, and if after that date then cost is "x" amount.

Should we maybe do a cutoff date for August 15th? That way, I can plan on how many people are coming for sure, and make sure that there's extra to go around if un-planned people come.

man Sooo many Ideas.. Hope there is a FINAL Post on here with the IN STONE Plans LMAO! :)

So, Who is Supplying the Snakes for the Door Prizes?!?! LMAO! ;)

Should we maybe do a cutoff date for August 15th? That way, I can plan on how many people are coming for sure, and make sure that there's extra to go around if un-planned people come.

Personally I think August 15th might even be a little late. I think I would aim for August 1st - which is also the cutoff date for our rate at the hotel.
Gives us just a little more wiggle room to make sure everything is set.

man Sooo many Ideas.. Hope there is a FINAL Post on here with the IN STONE Plans LMAO! :)

So, Who is Supplying the Snakes for the Door Prizes?!?! LMAO! ;)
I think that we could chip in a few snakes for door prizes.
I should be scrape something up lol
Later ROB

Ok guys - update time.
I have good news and ok news...

First off - the hotel will allow us to use their meeting room at NO COST!!!
However, they do not allow outside food to be brought in. They do have their own catering and have sent me some information so I am going to look that over later this afternoon and see what they have available and what the pricing looks like.

This is the catering option from the hotel that I think would be the best option:

Deli Platter: Assorted Deli Meats and Cheeses served with Breads, Tomatoes, Lettuce, Onions, Condiments, Salad Bar, Chips and Beverages. $11.95++ per person (minimum of 10 people) add soup for $2.00 per person

Price does not include of 6.5% tax and 21% gratuity.

Considering dinner at Whistle Junction is something like $15 per person - this is right about on par for pricing.

Well...that is both good and bad news, I guess.

Although it is a little more expensive than picking it up ourselves, it will be more convenient. And we won't have to provide our own paper plates, utensils, setup, cleanup, etc. 21% built-in gratuity seems high compared to most "large group" gratuities at most restaurants. Hope that means good service (haha!).

The price isn't really that high. But I suspect the variety won't be as good as what we might have picked out ourselves. Do they detail just what kinds of breads, meat, cheese, soup, etc, they offer?

Like I was saying on the phone earlier, I think it's absolutely incredible that they're willing to give us the meeting room!

I mentioned to Katie that she might want to ask them about letting us bring a salad platter for the vegetarian/vegan members while still having them cater everything else. The worse they can say is "no"!

Like I was saying on the phone earlier, I think it's absolutely incredible that they're willing to give us the meeting room!

I mentioned to Katie that she might want to ask them about letting us bring a salad platter for the vegetarian/vegan members while still having them cater everything else. The worse they can say is "no"!

I didn't notice when I perused the menu earlier - but the deli tray option does include a salad bar.
I will see if I can get more specifics on what the deli tray includes as far as meats and cheeses.

I partly think it is kind of high too with the gratuity, considering at Whistle Junction you don't "have" to tip, although I am sure with our party most of us do since we do make a lot of work for the wait staff!

And with the meeting room being free, I think it helps offset the total cost of the meal.

They do offer other options as follows, but my first impression is that the deli tray option would suit the most people:

Italian Delight: Choice of one: Chicken Alfredo over Vegetables; Meat or Vegetable Lasagna; or Spaghetti and Meatballs, all served with Garlic Bread, Salad Bar and Beverages. $16.95++ per person (minimum 10 people)

Just Like Mom: Choice of one: Meatloaf with Brown Gravy; Pepper Steak; Chicken and Dumplings all served with Macaroni and Cheese, Salad Bar and Beverages. $16.95++ per person (minimum of 10 people.

Mexican Fiesta: Choice of one: Chicken Quesadillas; Enchiladas; or Hard and Soft Tacos all served with Mexican Corn, Salad Bar and Beverages. $16.95++ per person (minimum of 10 people)

Asian Persuasion: Choice of one: Pot Stickers and Shrimp or Vegetable Egg Rolls; Beef with Broccoli, Orange Chicken or General Tsao’s Chicken all served with Fried Rice, Salad Bar and Beverages. $16.95++ per person (minimum of 10 people)

Well would you look at that! It's right there in front of my nose, and I didn't catch that. LOL.
I personally prefer the deli option over the others.

Back