• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Peoples thoughts on this terrarium

barett

Exo Terra® Natural Desert Reptile & Amphibian Low Terrarium

Is this good for corn snakes. I see some people use it. What are the pluses and minuses? Are they really escape proof?

it would be ok I guess, but corn snakes are climbers and would be more at home in something taller. I have an exo terra similar to the one you are referring to, but the taller version with things to climb on. The folks that keep snakes in 4 inch tall trays in a rack would tell you that one is fine, which is why I say it's ok.

Corn snakes are great climbers. One of the guys I know said you have to look in the small trees and bushes when herping, as corns try to find bird nests. I have found snake sheds hanging in the bushes, but couldn't tell if they were from corns. I'm too lazy to try counting scales on the sheds.

36 in x 18 in x 18 in....is that more appropriate then? Or what would you recommend. Can you link me to an example please. :)

Exo-Terra enclosures are really nice, but pricey. When I was looking for vivariums for my reptiles I went to the pet shop and asked if they had any aquariums that were cracked and couldn't hold water. I bought a 40 gallon with a crack along the bottom and a locking screen top for about $30. But if you are not concerned with the prices I'd buy a nice Exo-Terra.

I LOVE the exo terra because of the front opening. I love that about them. Is there other options for that?

Back