CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Hunger strikes enough to assume a Male?

Old 06-27-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
Murse
Hunger strikes enough to assume a Male?

Billy is about 3.5 years old. I haven't had him sexed but the last two springs he has stopped eating for 2-3 months. Is it safe to assume that he is most likely a male? I am curious because I would like to know which feeding advice in the munson plan to more closely follow (F 7-12 vs M 11-14). Thanks.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
K. Rene
I don't think so. I think females could go off feeding when their ovulating as well. It's not just males that are interested in finding a mate in the spring time lol I feed all my snakes once a week, it's easier that way when you have more than 10 (not including the babies lol)

Old 06-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
Nanci
I agree. Many of my two year old females hunger strike while ovulating.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:32 PM   #4
iculatr
How long is too long? After 1 month I start getting worried...is that ridiculous?

Old 06-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #5
Nanci
My Lila went four or five months the year she striked...she was fine. In an adult (2 year old) 2-3 months is nothing.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #6
Nanci
Troy, I have corns that eat every three weeks and gain! A month with no food is nothing.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #7
iculatr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Troy, I have corns that eat every three weeks and gain! A month with no food is nothing.
I should have put my name....it's Jarrett this time. I'm the more paranoid one when it comes to feeding on schedule lol!

Old 07-02-2011, 07:04 PM   #8
visceralrepulsion
trust nanci, she helped me through my first hunger strike with my male corn, lars. he went 127 days, then boom, ate out of nowhere. you could very well still have a female. also remember the munson plan isnt set in stone, its a guide to help with feeding, but dont take it as religious. if you are worried about feeding on a set schedule for a male or female you could always feed about every 12 days, which falls into the male and female category.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google