• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Guess the genetics

wowfood

gBtzHe

Got this beautiful baby the other week. But unsure on the genetics (I wanted it because it was pretty)

Figured I'd let people have a guess and get back when I find out about the parentage.

I would have agreed on the motley part, but I always thought motley didn't have chequered patterens on their bellys, and this one appears to have no checks until the last motley spot. And the checkered until the vent.

Likewise although it's a very dark colouring (first thought was anery) they do have a red tint to them which has thrown me off slightly.

The color of the snake looks much different in the second photo but pattern is identical. In this new light it has a normal hatchling colors. The pattern combined with the checkering of the belly is odd. I've seen normals with odd patterns before. So my best guess after seeing these additional photos is it's an odd pattern normal corn snake.

My best guess of it was it might be a chimera. They still have anery colouring on the snoot, and end of the tail, but it appears a dark normal for the motley like section.

I have a partially pinstripe-marked Hypo het Motley, but it's not nearly as clean. How unusual. :shrugs:

opYMyjrh.jpg

The first photo looks like the snake is in shed. The second photo reminds me of Miami coloring as hatchlings, they can look Anery-ish.

I've seen some that look like they could be Motley, but don't have all the identifiers, and some have called them "Notley's".
Test breeding will show whether the snake is Motley or not.

I'm going with Miami-phase Notley.

Back