CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

SUCCESS!

Old 03-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
brtrude
SUCCESS!

yayyyyy! i was really pleased when this finally happened tonight!

Old 03-09-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
Nanci
Nice! Going to make some opal stripes down the road?? That would be pretty cool if Bellatrix was surprise het amel!!

Old 03-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #3
brtrude
hey nanci,
i dont know about that really, im not the best when it comes to genetics i just cant grasp it at all! I have ased about this loads of times on seperate threads and i think that these 2 will produce normal stripes het anery, lavender and....something else, and then if i kept 2 of these i can get more lavender stripes????
something like that, its too confusing haha!

Old 03-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #4
Nanci
You'll get normal stripes het amel, anery and lavender. And it is likely your lav could be het amel, too, because lavender is often combined with amel and to a lesser degree, anery. The F2 clutch should be really exciting!!

Old 03-09-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
wendhend
I think normal stripes are very pretty snakes, and yours will have very nice hets as well. Congratulations!

Old 03-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #6
rich333
Congrats on the hook-up!!! Nice pair as well!! (Snakes)

Old 03-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #7
brtrude
thanks guys, ye im a huge fan of normal stripes so il be keeping me a couple of those!

Old 03-10-2011, 02:11 AM   #8
K. Rene
Wow the female does look kinda swollen in the lower portion, which I believe means she's ovulating, my females have that at the moment as well. Good luck on healthy eggs and babies

Old 03-10-2011, 06:36 AM   #9
brtrude
ye the first picture really shows that off! it was so funny though, before he lockes up with her jeepers started trying to mate with himself, he was chasing his own tail round in cricles he was so worked up it was hilarious!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google