• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2012 breeding thread

Thanks Bob. I've never kept this many before, but each one was definately meant to stay! The Fire was in the non-feeding group for so long I thought it'd end up as cobra food, it started to lose condition then one last try of boiled pink and BAM! Now Red is really making up for lost time

I really like both the RO and the Ok... two great specimens with great color (especially for their age). Both good decisions!

I really like both the RO and the Ok... two great specimens with great color (especially for their age). Both good decisions!
Thanks! The OK is from my Love okeetee crossed with my christmas hypo. The RO was a twin, the other twin didn't make it.

Thanks! The OK is from my Love okeetee crossed with my christmas hypo. The RO was a twin, the other twin didn't make it.

I recall in Kathy Love's book, she mentioned briefly that people were still trying to determine if the propension to twin was an inhereted trait. Do we know any more about that? I had two pairs of twins this season... and would have kept one if I had known which it was! I keep them in a clump and it isn't easy to tell who comes out of what egg (though I knew which egg it was on one ocassion... easily twice the size of every other egg).

This is the first time I ever got twins, despite that particular pair having bred 4 times. There was another set of twins in an egg that didn't hatch in the same clutch, they hadn't separated properly.

Ah Lil, your babies are all so gorgeous (although I am finding myself returning to stare at the Fire a fair bit more than the other two, sorry)!
It's a shame to hear about the other twin, glad one survived though.

Now my student loan has been approved (woo - party!) I feel like I'm getting closer and closer to my cornsnake aim ;D

Thought it was about time I got a weight on these babies, I haven't weighed them at all since hatching, a far cry from my early days of obsessional weighing!
Yellow Jacket is a monster! 20g already. The christmas het girlie, still un-named, is 15g. Rusty the amel and Doc the ghost are 14g. Jedward is 11g. Dusty the granite and Red the fire, both slow starters, are still only 9g.

Back