CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Breeding without brumation...

Old 09-20-2014, 01:45 PM   #31
Cornsnakeluver89
I have 3 corn snakes an it bought them at an expo. I bought 1 male and 2 females. I tried popping them and I am starting to think that my male is a female. Is there another easy way to tell? They are all babies still.

Old 09-20-2014, 03:47 PM   #32
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornsnakeluver89 View Post
I have 3 corn snakes an it bought them at an expo. I bought 1 male and 2 females. I tried popping them and I am starting to think that my male is a female. Is there another easy way to tell? They are all babies still.
How old are they? Popping is only recommended on hatchlings. Once they start putting on some size, it's not effective, because they develop more muscles and can tense up so you cannot get an accurate look.
Probing is best for older Corns.

Old 09-20-2014, 03:51 PM   #33
MysticExotics
Quote:
Can someone please tell me what kind of incubator I should use for corn snakes? And also how to set it up.
You can buy one or make one out of a non working small fridge or wine cooler. There's also the Igloo cooler method (water in the bottom with an aquarium heater, thermostat, and set the egg box on something solid thatsits above the water.)
I incubate at room temps (80-82) because I keep my snake room is that temp.
One year I did use the Igloo incubator, and it worked ok.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #34
Cornsnakeluver89
How do you post a picture? I can show you my corns.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:00 PM   #35
MysticExotics
If you click on the blue button in the left corner that says "post reply", then below the text box is a section that says "additional options", then "manage uploads", then you can upload up to five photos from your computer.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:41 PM   #36
Cornsnakeluver89
I couldn't upload pictures because the pictures were too big so I measured her and she is 14 inches long and 1/4 inches wide.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:02 PM   #37
Cornsnakeluver89
Is a havobator fine to use? Also, I have a baby corn that won't eat. I have had to force feed her. How do I get her to eat? I have tried lots of times in different ways such as tuna, putting her in a deli cup/bag and just force feeding her. How do I get her to feed on her own.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:12 AM   #38
MikeSaw23
Quote:
Is a havobator fine to use? Also, I have a baby corn that won't eat. I have had to force feed her. How do I get her to eat? I have tried lots of times in different ways such as tuna, putting her in a deli cup/bag and just force feeding her. How do I get her to feed on her own.
Tuna? I would recommend you take your snake to a vet.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:10 AM   #39
MysticExotics
Quote:
It would be best if you started a new thread on this, so people can help.
When you do, how often are you offering food? What all have you tried?
How long have you had her? Did you give her a week to settle in when you first got her?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google