CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Snake Bite

Old 04-03-2002, 02:56 AM   #1
pauljordanuk
Snake Bite

Has anyone had a bite off a corn snake.... If so whats it like , does the little blighter hang on, or is it more like a strike ??

Old 04-03-2002, 09:36 AM   #2
JakeTheSnake
Well when I was a kid I was once bitten by one and it was just a nip nothing big, and not as bad as the bite I got from the family dog weeks later while I was giving her a bath.

Old 04-03-2002, 11:49 AM   #3
Simon
O yeah.....
I have been bitten by both adults and hatchlings.......
but then both of them don't hurt at all. Not even a bit. It's kinda like a little sting from a bee. Nothing more than that.......maybe even hurt less than a bee sting.....for adults
for hatchlings.....I didn't even feel it. They only bit me on the surface of the skin........those don't hurt at all.

Good Luck and Happy Herping!

Old 04-03-2002, 06:46 PM   #4
Kevin M
Ive been bitten hundreds of times. more often by hatchlings. Ive had some strike. Some hang on, And some real testy buggers try and swallow my pinky or thumb. heh

IMO it doesnt hurt at all. Its more suprising than anything.

-Kev

Old 04-03-2002, 09:42 PM   #5
Missymonkey
do corn snakes have any anti-coagulants in their spit or anything like that? I have heard that some snakes do, I haven't heard anything like that about corn snakes but it would be good to know? They say that a dog's mouth is the cleanist part of it's body is this true with corns? My fiance is not to into the snake "thing" as he calls it, i would like to have some info to show him that snakes aren't evil but are just as neat as the cat.

Old 04-03-2002, 10:13 PM   #6
JakeTheSnake
Well since you chose to put cats into this subject I thought I'd throw you my opinion. By the way I am the owner of 1.0 Candy Cane, 0.1 Okeetee, 1.0 Snow as well as two calico cats and a grey, brown, and peachish cat. Cat mouths and claws contain more heinious things then any corn snake. Corns are also very quite and mellow where my cats are very noise and trouble making. Anyone can own a cat, but a snake is something special. It also becomes more then just ownership, but an education. I have gain more knowledge from snake ownership then cat ownership. Maybe I am just not a cat person.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google