• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First hook-ups for me!!

Nanci,

Actually...from what i've seen in this short span of time.....I'd say "who ever said what" is probably right....I mean...I put them together..and he's all over it...within 2 minutes or so of the caressing & positioning...she's lifting her tail and it's "Game on".

Ok...waited 3 day since the last time they were together....

Put them together....and 15 minutes pass....She's not running.....seems content..but not interested in mating.....I think we are done with this couple.

This is the reason I would never leave breeding pairs unattended.

I guess freak accidents can happen Nanci. Remember that little snake I had that got his tongue stuck in an air hole of a deli cup? I have to wonder how often this could happen. Like I said I used to keep all types of rat snake together year round and never had a single incident. Well I did have one but I was feeding them together. I learned from that mistake. I just can't picture a Corn snake killing another Corn?

Wow.....

You know..i remember that...how awful that was....the poor fella...whatever happened to him?? did he survive the ordeal? my main concern when i seen the pics was...can he still eat???

Wow.....

You know..i remember that...how awful that was....the poor fella...whatever happened to him?? did he survive the ordeal? my main concern when i seen the pics was...can he still eat???

No, he didn't make it. I tried, but I kinda knew he was done for, he was a problem feeder even befor the tongue incident.

I think how long it takes for them to hook up can vary. Last year was an accident, daughter put my male in the wrong tub after handling him for me, more my fault than hers, but that hook up happened quick, was only one hookup and got 11 eggs from it. This year's two matings are totally planned, the first took 20 inutes to hook up but there was no real fuss they just weren't in a hurry. That pair's second time together took almost 30 minutes, again no one trying to get away they just took their time. My second pair the female was running like mad, I decided I would see if she calmed down after 20 minutes, if not I would seperate. Just as I got up to seperate she stopped and he hooked up. Oddly they stayed hooked up for over an hour! Second time she got in a corner and hid her tail so after 5 mins I said ok you are done no more :). Now its a game of wait and see ;)

Good luck to everyone that breeds this year! The year of the rabbit is a year of good fortune I am told :D

No, he didn't make it. I tried, but I kinda knew he was done for, he was a problem feeder even befor the tongue incident.

Wow,

sorry for the loss...and sorry this is coming so "past Due". I seen your pics and read the story...then didnt see/hear much else about it.

3rd time is a Charm!

Ok,
Just in case everyone is getting bored with this pairing...i have a suprise for you!!!..... there are even MORE pics taken this morning....LOL...enjoy:

Attachments

• 3611b1.JPG
    3611b1.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 3611b2.JPG
    3611b2.JPG
    217.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 3611b3.JPG
    3611b3.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 3611b4.JPG
    3611b4.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 3611b5.JPG
    3611b5.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 100
LOL,

Well,

just alot of..."Ahhh Come On...are you kidding me?? She's HOT Dude..." And for her.."Look at those muscles!! Any Girl Snake would be Proud to be His Girl!!"
Lecturing...maybe....more like encouraging.

Nanci,

Yeah....I'm pretty much convinced that if we're gonna get eggs..they have done their parts well. Now, just getting past the laying stage...the hatching..then we breathe a sigh of relief...then we worry about getting all of them feeding...
sounds fun :)

well,

i've been relatively quiet these last few days...finally got through this week at work...decided to put my incubator to good use...while waiting for eggs to develop.
I planted a few (36) seeds today...thought i'd use the incubator to help the pepper seeds germinate ....oddly enough...82degrees is near perfect temps to germinate Bhut Jolika peppers...I also have serrano peppers,bell peppers,& habanero's. Once the seeds sprout (in about 10 days)...i'll take them out and set them up under the lights...and just keep "potting up" until May 20th (last frost date) then they go in the garden....then in a few short months..i'll have pepers to keep me "warm" though next winter ;)

Ok,

Well she's looking pretty stunning this evening so i thought i'd snap a few pics before she gets too far along...don't want the ole stress monster to creep in. So..as always enjoy the pics......

Attachments

• ultra1.JPG
    ultra1.JPG
    258.8 KB · Views: 102
  • ultra2.JPG
    ultra2.JPG
    255 KB · Views: 102
  • Ultra3.JPG
    Ultra3.JPG
    247.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Ultrabelly.JPG
    Ultrabelly.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 101
Today was the first time she has ever refused a meal.....

here is a list of confirmed hook-ups:

2-26-11 confirmed
3-1-11 Not Confirmed(left for 2hrs...no spillage)
3-6-11 Confirmed
3-16-11 Confirmed (interesting note...the "Spillage" from this hook-up was different than the others in that this spillage has a "wad" of viscous material in the center of the yellow liquid...I presume this was sperm. But why was it not there..or if it was, why in such small amounts in the first 2 confirmed hook-ups? Maybe the old saying is true....the 3rd time IS the charm! ?

Well,

At this point i'm fairly certain the first hook-up was ineffective. As she still hasn't gone blue....perhaps i'm just a bit impatient....this has to be the toughest part so far.....Waiting.

Last year, my girls laid almost exactly a month after their first hook-up. Corns never do anything by the book though...

LOL,

Well, there for a second..i thought you were gonna tell me something I WANTED to hear!! LOL :headbang:

Back