CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Hatch rite ?'s

Old 03-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #11
iowa corn
OK just let them get fresh air every few days then

Old 03-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #12
Nanci
Watch the sides of the egg container. You should see very light condensation or fog. If you feel like you need to add water, or re-wet moss, make sure you use water that is the same temp that you are incubating at. A temp gun is good for this. Also, I would use a probed thermometer to measure the temp, not whatever indicator the incubator has, even if the read-out on the incubator is digital. The HatchRite will _feel_ dry to you, but ought to be the perfect wetness right out of the bag.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #13
Nanci
And, I would not use chlorinated water for dampening the moss. I have well water so I didn't have to worry about it.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #14
iowa corn
Ya come to think of it it did seam like it was dry. But I got my fingers crossed on a good hatch this year

Old 03-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #15
taxman123
Thanks for the info Nancy I too have some hatchrite that I am going to use this year. keep Loving those pigeons....

Old 03-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #16
airenlow
I set up an egg container of HatchRite for testing and it did eventually dry out. It took about 90 days though. I used HatchRite last year, with a layer of moss on top, and will continue to use it for years to come. Love the stuff!

Old 03-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #17
Nanci
Oh, can we post pics of HatchRite in use??? :-)

Old 03-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #18
Nanci
That was after, this is before. With the moss blanket removed. Every one of these eggs hatched.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #19
iowa corn
ya I think its OK to post pics up. OK looks like I mite need to add a little more to them so there buried some more. Cool thanks for some of the tips and help.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #20
SquamishSerpents
last year i used substrateless incubation, and am doing so again this year. i think it's about $10-$12 CAD for about 6 square feet of egg-crate grid at Home Depot, and that can fill many bins for incubation.

is Hatchrite expensive?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google