CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Pairing of the TS Snows

Old 03-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
zorro
Pairing of the TS Snows

They had bred a couple times a while back and so I just put them together to see if she was still receptive to his advances (which she wasn't). You can see how much more pink than the female.
John

Old 03-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
chris68
Man I can't wait to see the results this year

Old 03-13-2011, 09:27 PM   #3
Nanci
I <3 pink snakes!!! Congratulations!!

Old 03-14-2011, 01:44 AM   #4
carnivorouszoo
Oh wow, are you sure strawberry isn't playing around in those? If not awesome selective breeding! DROOL!

Old 03-15-2011, 11:35 PM   #5
zorro
Chuck P. says he doesn't think the pink is strawberry but how many different pinks can there be? Next year I will breed a TS ghost male to a Salmon ghost from JMG to help figure it out.
Thanks
John

Old 03-16-2011, 08:28 AM   #6
Jeff Linkchorst
Congrats John. Those are a nice pairings. I will be looking for pip pictures.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:48 AM   #7
chris68
The line could have picked up two "hypo" genes, one from the ghost father and the other from the proven het hypo female...I think the trick would be (if the coloration is hypo or strawberry based) figuring out what or where each animals "hyponess" comes from, and if that even has any bearing on their coloration...FWIW my F1 pair has never thrown animals as pink as John has, or the ones I'm raising for John...I will try another F1 female (who's never been bred) this year...

Old 03-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #8
Blue Apple Herps
Wow! Those are great looking - I wish I had the space for some of these super pink snows. Would love to get a pair.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google