• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What can I expect out of this mix?

Gojo

I have a beautiful snow girly currently. I'm looking for a boyfriend for her and have had my eye on a bloodred motley male. Assuming neither have anything interesting hiding in their genetics, which morphs do you think I could get from their breeding?

Also, I am half tempted to find a pewter, just because they are so pretty. What would I get from crossing a bloodred with a pewter, or a pewter with a snow?

snow x bloodred = normals
pewter x bloodred = bloodreds
pewter x snow = normals

http://www.corncalc.com/
You can use this ^ site to see what you would get :)

And of course all the baby's would still be het. for the parents genes but don't express this.

In most cases traits in Corn Snakes are recessive. Because of this, you need to breed two snakes carrying the anery gene to make anery offspring or two snakes carrying the albino gene to make albino babies. Snow is anery + albino.

So you generally need to "match up" snakes with the same recessive genes in order to make morphs - otherwise you'll get all normal-looking babies.

07corn28.jpg

I suggest you get the morph guide, read through the genetics section on here, and look over iansvivarium.com to learn more about genetics before actually breeding any snakes ok? You would hate to try to sell offspring as the wrong morph on accident right? Get a bit more familiar with this stuff and then have a go :)

Back