CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

World record Corn Snake Clutches?

Old 05-01-2004, 02:30 PM   #1
ecreipeoj
World record Corn Snake Clutches?

What is the world record Corn Snake Clutch?! Have you ever wondered about that?

I thought it would be fun to post some photos of clutches of Corn Snakes. They are all so special. I appreciate them all! Our first clutch ever, our snakes first clutch, our pride and joys first clutch, small tiny eggs, big huge eggs, small clutch size, unusual clutches or world record size clutches. It would be interesting to see what the biggest clutches laid this year are and if larger clutches have been laid in the past.

I started wondering what the world record is when I mention to people that I have a couple of females that will lay in the mid 30’s for a first clutch and then go over 20 for a second clutch, year after year. They acted like I was nuts and clutches around 12 seemed to be normal to them.

I get a few clutches around 12 from first or second years of production and some older ones, but most of mine are in the high teens and when females go into their third year of production, they can go over 20 easily. I am sure that their genetic back grounds have a lot to do with it, but is it really that uncommon for females to lay over 20 eggs in a clutch?

My two females that have laid over 30 eggs their first clutch are in their lay boxes now and will lay within the week, so I thought I would get this thread started now and post some photos when they lay. I hope they don’t let me down this year. Some of their daughters will be laying this year too, so it will be interesting to see if they have larger than normal clutches as well compared to females of equal size and age.

Here is a Motley het Snow female bred to a Snow Motley that just laid 21 eggs. Not a world record, but over 20. This is actually down from her first clutch last year which was 24 eggs. BAD GIRL! Bad, bad, girl! LOL

Old 05-01-2004, 02:33 PM   #2
ecreipeoj
Close up

This is a close up of the above female Motleys clutch.

Old 05-01-2004, 02:38 PM   #3
ecreipeoj
Lava Corn het Ice

Here is a 2001 Lava Het Ice bred to an Ice that laid 18 eggs and 1 plug today as well. She is getting close to 20 and is still young.

Old 05-01-2004, 02:40 PM   #4
ecreipeoj
Close up

The above clutch. The plug is trying to hide on the bottom on the left side of the clutch.

Old 05-01-2004, 08:38 PM   #5
Jimmy Johnson
Creamsicle

This is a picture of my creamsicle's first clutch.
The father was a first time breeder also.
Twenty healthy eggs!

Old 05-01-2004, 10:29 PM   #6
Simon
all those are great clutches!!!
lovely looking
the most that I had in my collection was 32 eggs from a huge hypo female bred to my weird looking hypo. It was last year.

But that' my record for the corns~~~

hoping to hear some bigger records from the other breeders!

Old 05-01-2004, 11:05 PM   #7
elaphe4herps
my largest clutch is only 18 by a good sized sunglow, last year.

how about smallest clutches? i had a pair lay only 3 good eggs for me and 2 hatched!lol

Old 05-02-2004, 02:26 AM   #8
Simon
my smallest clutch was this year...2........and both looks good....but super small...kind of like a dime......but looks good and feels like a good egg....we'll see I guess....

Old 05-02-2004, 08:42 AM   #9
CornCrazy
My largest was 25 for 2 years in a row (same snake). This year, she laid 21. Next year she will be getting a break! She deserves it! I did have some pretty big "first time" clutches this year. I look forward to seeing what they will do next year if I breed them!

Old 05-02-2004, 10:09 AM   #10
Kel
My best year from one snake so far was a first clutch of 29 from my Amel when she was nine years old. She then obligingingly followed up with a second clutch of 18 more, two months later. She was back to full bodyweight five weeks after that. What a star she was.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google